New discoveries, new music, keep your ears open

6DBF6EB8-5F0B-49E2-9342-57AE9C368B12.jpeg FBD5D7FF-2553-4125-A6B2-A9656EB21C5F.jpeg

Mandolin Orange

I have their last 3 albums, all are great. They have been out for a while but “newish” music.

Check them out, Mipso is another new one to keep an eye out for.

Folk/acoustic vocals... good easy listening

We caught the Seratones at a WXPN Free at Noon in Philadelphia about a month ago.

Kind of a hard edged soul band out of Shreveport. LA. They're on Fat Possum and the record is very good.

We caught the Seratones at a WXPN Free at Noon in Philadelphia about a month ago.

Kind of a hard edged soul band out of Shreveport. LA. They're on Fat Possum and the record is very good.

More than likely if it's on FAT POSSUM, it's good. Another label I trust is IN THE RED.

. . . Another label I trust is IN THE RED.

Hey! Thanks for that. I see my old favorites, The Dirtbombs, are now with them. I'll be checking out their other artists, most of whom I don't recognize.

I'm in. I love to cruise YouTube looking for killer music. I'm to the point in my life, I just not interested in main line bands.

Jerry Joseph and the Jackmormons out of Portland Oregon recently caught my ear. These boys do about 150/200 shows a year, in all the right places in my mind. These guys are bar flys, who flat get with it.

In checking their schedule I discovered The JackMormons are going to be in Talent Oregon, at the Talent room bar 9/27/28/19, for a two night show.

I sent YouTube recordings to all my old navy shipmates suggesting we do our annual get together at this show. After listening to the band for a few days, the crew agreed, so we're all meeting up on the 27th, taking the wives to a very nice dinner, and then to the show.

I really have to recommend the following song, off their newest album named Istanbul and Fog of war. It's rare that I here this caliber of rock and roll anymore.

If you have time have a watch of Jerry Joseph and the JackMormons, their show at Cervantes in Denver is outstanding. Jerry's wearing a white hoodie. It's 20 plus minutes, something about the words, the music just call to me.

I think most here would enjoy the music, and also the discovery of a really outstanding group, who've been around for many years.

Please have a listen and if you have time please let me and others know what you think.

I have no association with these folks other then the desire to share new great music with my friends here.

Dirk Williams

I'm in. I love to cruise YouTube looking for killer music. I'm to the point in my life, I just not interested in main line bands.

Jerry Joseph and the Jackmormons out of Portland Oregon recently caught my ear. These boys do about 150/200 shows a year, in all the right places in my mind. These guys are bar flys, who flat get with it.

In checking their schedule I discovered The JackMormons are going to be in Talent Oregon, at the Talent room bar 9/27/28/19, for a two night show.

I sent YouTube recordings to all my old navy shipmates suggesting we do our annual get together at this show. After listening to the band for a few days, the crew agreed, so we're all meeting up on the 27th, taking the wives to a very nice dinner, and then to the show.

I really have to recommend the following song, off their newest album named Istanbul and Fog of war. It's rare that I here this caliber of rock and roll anymore.

If you have time have a watch of Jerry Joseph and the JackMormons, their show at Cervantes in Denver is outstanding. Jerry's wearing a white hoodie. It's 20 plus minutes, something about the words, the music just call to me.

I think most here would enjoy the music, and also the discovery of a really outstanding group, who've been around for many years.

Please have a listen and if you have time please let me and others know what you think.

I have no association with these folks other then the desire to share new great music with my friends here.

Dirk Williams

Good stuff! Thanks for sharing!

Check out "Speedwater (Live June 15, 1997 KBOO, Portland, OR)[Remastered]" by Jerry Joseph & The Jackmormons on Amazon Music. https://music.amazon.com/albums/B00...00RCBB54K&ref=dm_sh_wxPP16qUpuHzEGibMvIaeMcuX

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_n4dMwy_jgcXqsR0joLYODnbBKm6Sd0rdE

Back
Top Bottom