Pics of your listening space

Been listening to my Baltic 50s lately. I had to fix sagging woofers spiders and now they sound phenomenal.

eXnzbvtl.jpg

Not to be too sarcastic, but all of my systems are inside our house where we have heating in the winter and air conditioning in the summer. So no, my equipment never even comes close to being affected by the temperature extremes we experience in Iowa in the winter or in the summer.

Even on hot summer days when we choose not to run our AC and it gets up to the 90s inside, this is still well within the range of safe operating temperatures of modern electronics. Under these "extreme" conditions I still operate my hi-fi systems, and indeed all of our electronics and appliances, without worry.

About the only thing I've ever noticed is that tonearm cueing functions slower when it is a little cooler inside.

What specifically were you curious about?

Putting a system in a room above a garage in North Texas. Window air and space heater only and only on when I am up there. Perfect room but not climate controlled 24 hours. I have an inexpensive system in there now but would love to put the better system up there. I’ve noticed the same thing re queing. Didn’t detect any sarcasm and appreciate your response.

View attachment 1422416

If I had trainable dogs I'd get a nice rug. Other than that, I like most of what you see here, well enough. I'm looking at upgrading almost all of it, pretty much al the time.

You really do not need rugs with such beautiful hardwood floors.

Where did you get them from?

P.S. Just for the record, I paid attention to your system first and floors second.

Here is my hybrid listening / home cinema dedicated space in the basement as it stands now. I have not finished the renovations yet and after the last holidays I decided to take a break and enjoy all my hard work. Basically, I need to finish installing the baseboard trims, crown moldings and paint touch ups. Wall paper on the fireplace wall, an 9' × 10' area rug, a new couch, decoration and accessories. I did pretty much all the work myself, design included. The last pictures shows as it was during demo day on July 2016... Yikes, time flies.

The system consists of a Yamaha CA-1000 restored/modified, Bryston BDA-3 with Chromecast Audio for audio streaming (Soon to be upgraded to Bryston BDP-2, most likely), Totem Mani-2 Signature, Panasonic PT-AE8000 with 106" fixed frame Draper screen.

Attachments

• IMG_4316.JPG
    IMG_4316.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_4314.JPG
    IMG_4314.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_4318.JPG
    IMG_4318.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_5989.JPG
    IMG_5989.JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_5987.JPG
    IMG_5987.JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 197
My teenage son's room has a better set up than I ever had a as kid.

1. EPI 100's I restored with new tweeters, new caps, and cabinet refresh
2. Custom speaker stands I built for him to put the EPI's on
3. Monoprice hybrid tube amp with bluetooth
4. Dayton 8" sub
5. Mid century credenza I bought off CL and restored for him
6. Framed print of Ray Charles and Frank Sinatra he picked out
7. Not shown - goofy teenager making dodgy music choices, streaming via iPhone.

View attachment 1333186

Beautiful. Beautiful

Back
Top Bottom