Help with Chromecast Audio

IIRC the Comcast only sets up the connection using an Android app like "Google Home" then the cast is on your network.

Mercy Sakes Alive !! :eek:
After reading all 8 pages of this, I`m damn glad, I had my house`s 6 remote rooms hard wired for audio and 4 different type of channels of video, via HQ Ethernet cable/baluns structured wiring almost 10 years ago !!! :bowdown:

No casting, dropouts, latch ups, bandwidth issues with my dual band WiFi, etc. or any other problems while enjoying my all day playing WAV. ripped music, that runs 24/7, and is always available by turning on the stereo in the room I happen to be in..

And no futzing required with any equipment after power burps, just solid clear 44.1/16 WAV. ~ 9k, and growing, tracks of my music.. :thumbsup:

And being somewhat OCD, I have the same music files playing on another source, a laptop connected to a 4X1 S/PDIF coax switcher, feeding my HQ DAC. so like a broadcast station, no dead air, should something happen to my primary source !!

And random/shuffle track playing suits me fine, as I rarely feel the need to chase/select specific music tracks..

Enjoy your wireless method, and I`ll continue to enjoy my totally hassle free wired one.. :)

Of course, rats might get into my attic and chew up all my feeder cables !?!? :oops:, :mad:

Enjoy your/the music as you see fit, folks. :music:

Kind regards, Billy Ferris

Mercy Sakes Alive !! :eek:
After reading all 8 pages of this, I`m damn glad, I had my house`s 6 remote rooms hard wired for audio and 4 different type of channels of video, via HQ Ethernet cable/baluns structured wiring almost 10 years ago !!! :bowdown:

No casting, dropouts, latch ups, bandwidth issues with my dual band WiFi, etc. or any other problems while enjoying my all day playing WAV. ripped music, that runs 24/7, and is always available by turning on the stereo in the room I happen to be in..

And no futzing required with any equipment after power burps, just solid clear 44.1/16 WAV. ~ 9k, and growing, tracks of my music.. :thumbsup:

And being somewhat OCD, I have the same music files playing on another source, a laptop connected to a 4X1 S/PDIF coax switcher, feeding my HQ DAC. so like a broadcast station, no dead air, should something happen to my primary source !!

And random/shuffle track playing suits me fine, as I rarely feel the need to chase/select specific music tracks..

Enjoy your wireless method, and I`ll continue to enjoy my totally hassle free wired one.. :)

Of course, rats might get into my attic and chew up all my feeder cables !?!? :oops:, :mad:

Enjoy your/the music as you see fit, folks. :music:

Kind regards, Billy Ferris

All that being said when my little pea brain reads between the lines I think a lot of people make it way harder than it really is :)

All that being said when my little pea brain reads between the lines I think a lot of people make it way harder than it really is :)
I`m guessing you have some validity there Chief, Sir. but futzing with CCA. etc. is above my pay scale, and desire !!

But, I think, you know where my 2 surviving brain cell`s are, relative to all these OP`s thread`s problems !! HA !!

In my area, and my simple brain, inhouse(no outside music source, or wireless music connection knowledge) best suits me.
Closed loop/hard wired, does have it`s advantages IMHO/E..

But, as I have said, to each his/her own method..

I truly apologize to this thread, for not being able to provide helpful information in this area, just my alternate method...

But, as I have said, to each his/her own method..

That’s my sentiment on every single thread in this whole forum ,
:beerchug:

I guess my point is I have a crappy Internet service, I have the modem the ISP gave me and I don’t have any of the problems other people are complaining about . :dunno:

So, still trying to figure out why my CCA stutters & stops, but ran into a brand new quirk this morning.

When casting from a Chrome browser session, I can now no longer control the volume from the browser session. Was able to do this yesterday, but not today.

But, having downloaded the Slimjet browser as a 'backup' browser - I can cast and control the volume.

WTF?

If you have a CCA can you check how it behaves today/Sunday?

Here's a screen capture for what I now see when casting from Chrome; no volume control anymore
Chromecast-no-volume-control.jpg

When I use a Slimjet browser, I still do have volume control - and this is what I USED to see yesterday when using Chrome:
Slimjet-volume-control.jpg

I've rebooted my laptop - nope

I've uninstalled Chrome and have done a fresh install of Chrome - nope

WTF?

Mines been going almost 9 hrs non stop today. Streaming Tidal and Spotify, zero problems.
:beerchug:
Well, I can still cast to my CCA via Chrome, but can't control the volume, can you?

What do you see if you cast from a Chrome browser and not an "app"?

Well, I can still cast to my CCA via Chrome, but can't control the volume, can you?

What do you see if you cast from a Chrome browser and not an "app"?

It’s been working all day. I only use my iPhone or Kindle.

I don't cast too often from my computer, but that Chrome screenshot looks like you are not casting yet, and need to click on that chromecast. That's how mine looks before I choose which CCA to cast to. Then I click it, and it starts casting, and then I the volume slider comes up.

This is on Chrome with music playing:

Screen Shot 2019-02-17 at 8.01.17 PM.png

This is before I choose a CCA to cast to:

Screen Shot 2019-02-17 at 8.09.07 PM.png

I don't cast too often from my computer, but that Chrome screenshot looks like you are not casting yet, and need to click on that chromecast. That's how mine looks before I choose which CCA to cast to. Then I click it, and it starts casting, and then I the volume slider comes up.

This is on Chrome with music playing:

View attachment 1423512

This is before I choose a CCA to cast to:

View attachment 1423521
Thanks.

But that is not what I see when I actually cast from a Chrome browser (Win 7 64 bit).

I get a blue dot when I select my CCA from the first picture I posted to confirm I'm casting - which I can hear thru my connect AVR, but no options, anywhere for controlling the volume via Chrome.

Guess I'll use the Slimjet browser from now on; at least I get the ability for controlling volume.

Back
Top Bottom