Starting Point Systems DAC3

By my owns methods, first treating the room, after that eliminating vibrations around the gear, and lastly using crystals, and stones of my own design(you can laugh i am used to it)...

This dac will sound the same in any non cleaned house and audio system, it has sound the same in my non cleaned system : not so good...But now its sound 3-d and musically organic without any lack of details... Forget this dac, think about any piece of gear, this will be the same...Any non treated room .house, audio grid, will destruct the musicality of an amplifier or of the speakers etc... Even headphones,for example i dont like so much my non treated non cleaned AKG K 340 headphone; but now they are so good that they trash all my others headphones including 2 Stax , the reason was my non cleaned audio grid and non clean electrical house grid... Now that i have eliminated vibrations even in this headphone, and introduce some stones in the cable ,now they are so good that all negative reviews of these can made no more sense,but before the cleaning methods my impressions of the Mighty AKG K 340 were similar to some negative impressions ,for exemple lack of coherence between the drivers... Now i am in love with them...True gem like my dac...And impossible to upgrade because of multi-thousand dollars costs will be necessary... When music is already there you speaks no more about "sounds"... And i can say the samething about my SAnsui AU 7700 before cleaning methods and after...It is not the same amplifier...Now i am in love with my gear, why? Because cleaning reveal the qualities of your piece of gear...They are better dac than this French dac, better headphones that the K 340, better amplifier than the Sansui, and better speakers than mine,but after cleaning, improving their sound will cost me 10,000 dollars perhaps more not one thousand ...I listen more to music now than to the sound of my system

I believe what you are saying about cleaning up the sound because I have experienced the exact same thing , people laugh and are naysayers but those are the ones who have not gone the length to try it them themselves. I was one of the naysayers until I started treating my roon and cleaning up the dirty power .

Audiofreak71

The easy way is to read the magazine or thread audio hype and buying in the hope that our often already good gear will sound better with a costly upgrade,it was my way 7 years ago to no avail; just buying gear never buy me refinement and complete satisfaction even with TOTL product...And i dont have enough money to buy the TOTL of all TOTL products... The Law of diminishing returns and destructive grid noise has deceive all my hope... Now if i have this refinement and satisfaction with the SAME gear it is because of the lowering of the noise level and the cleaning of the 2 grids, the audio one and the house one...My best to you...

Last edited:
Old thread. I have the previous version of the Starting Point (DAC 2 I guess). It works well with my home system running from my old MacBook pro to Airport Express, then optical to Dac and then to Sony STR-GX10ES and Sony SS-M3 (for the last couple years now, SS-M7) speakers. My hearing range isn't what it used to be so maybe smooth is good for me. I'd buy a second one for work if the price was right. I have similar set up at the office but with a super cheap DAC with remote volume control. It seems to lose the signal once in awhile don't know if that's the DAC or the Airport Express. It's irritating.

Last edited:
There were reports of certain DACs being unable to lock reliably on the Airport Express signal (due to high jitter?), if that helps.

Back
Top Bottom