Klipsch Forte in A/V surround setup

Guest132

I have a pair of Klipsch Forte speakers that are in excellent condition. After remodeling our living room, they are just too large. I'm thinking of using them as the two front channel speakers in my man cave where space is not a problem. I'm wondering which modern surround receiver would sound best with the Fortes.

My other option is to run the front speaker signal into my old Adcom GFA-535 and power the Fortes with that. If I choose that route, can I get away with a more basic lower powered A/V receiver? Any suggestions?

I'd look for an affordable HT receiver that has front channel pre-outs if I wanted to use the Adcom amp, and given your other stated parameters. But I don't know if the feature is currently found on affordable models. Of course, a separate HT preamp is preferable, but pricey.

I'd look for an affordable HT receiver that has front channel pre-outs if I wanted to use the Adcom amp, and given your other stated parameters. But I don't know if the feature is currently found on affordable models. Of course, a separate HT preamp is preferable, but pricey.

I was thinking of the REC out, but that wouldn't control the volume. I'm thinking of a basic A/V receiver that would have a pre-out that I could run to the Adcom. I suspect that all of the receivers in a manufacturers line have the same surround decoding but differ on features and power.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom