Greetings from Greenville, SC

Hi David,
It was a pleasure having you over to my house and I hope the baby marantz that I sent you home to try is doing well. Just remember that it's a loaner marantz to play around with LOL!! And the cigar was Fantastic. Welcome to Greenville SC.

Last edited:
Thank you...the Baby Marantz sounds amazing after it warms up.

I was wondering about setting up a blind speaker testing session with Mark at Don Jones and other audiophiles in Greenville? I'd like to listen to a variety of speakers without knowing which ones they are and see what sounds the best. Do you think Mark would go for this?

All you can do is ask! Mark is a great guy and will help in any way possible as he has always done for me for years.

Well, I am well on my way to fixing vintage stereos. Over the weekend I finally finished putting my Technics SA-616 back together and completing a full maintenance for my Technics SL-D2 turntable. But after hearing the Marantz, I'm hooked on the Marantz sound. Next project is to troubleshoot a popping sound on the Marantz 2235B receiver I purchased on ebay. This is while I wait for some new pots and capacitors for the AR3a speakers I purchased in Greenville at Don Jones stereo.

What a fun hobby when you finally hear the sound come through the speakers without the crack and the pops from the aging components. A lot of work but rewarding...

Back
Top Bottom