What tv show are you currently binging?

Watching one or two Stargate Atlantis eps a day. Partly to see what Jason Momoa can do, well before becoming Aquaman (early returns: not much). But I've watched most of the other variations (Stargate Universe could've ended better, imo). So this one's all new to me. Good sound on the Am Prime streaming cut of it, for what that's worth.

Edit: and now bailing on Atlantis as it falls into that rut of familiar sci-fi tropes in 2nd season. Now watching Humans, a UK production that showed in the US on AMC, now on Am Prime. Strikes me as having really good sound/music (if you're into electronica). Most amused that Jen from The IT Crowd playing a housewife with an attractive (and rogue) robot in her abode.

Humans wasn't too bad; finished first 2 seasons. Looking around for next one; viewed first Orphan Black episode, not sure I'll pick it up (at least 5 seasons of it out there). There are other Amazon Prime series out there; wasn't grabbed by early bits of Man in the High Castle, might review. So many choices...

Watching "The Umbrella Academy" on Netflix. So far, it has a very high WTF Factor, hard to tell what's going on and where it's going. Cool though, and has two or three things that really grab me. The music used is great - esoteric and weird, but very fitting to the story lines. Strong characters, some being well acted, many a bit "over" that.

MV5BNTFhOTk1NTgtYWM1ZS00NWI1LTgzYzAtYmE5MjZiMDE0NzlhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTkxNjUyNQ@@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Been watching Season 3 of True Detective. So much mumbling I only hear about 30% of the dialog.

IONTV shows blocks of shows, so I've been watching some of those.

Saving Hope. Stopped on it while flipping through because I saw Daniel Jackson and watched 2 episodes that night and wanted to see how the story-line ended So when I saw the series restarting I watched from the beginning episode and got caught. I think I've got about 15 episodes left.

Been watching a lot of NCIS LA too. I've like CoolJ as an actor since Toys with Robin Williams so despite not being particularly impress with The Boy Wonder, I gave it a shot. Eventually.

Watching one or two Stargate Atlantis eps a day. Partly to see what Jason Momoa can do, well before becoming Aquaman (early returns: not much). But I've watched most of the other variations (Stargate Universe could've ended better, imo). So this one's all new to me. Good sound on the Am Prime streaming cut of it, for what that's worth.

Edit: and now bailing on Atlantis as it falls into that rut of familiar sci-fi tropes in 2nd season. Now watching Humans, a UK production that showed in the US on AMC, now on Am Prime. Strikes me as having really good sound/music (if you're into electronica). Most amused that Jen from The IT Crowd playing a housewife with an attractive (and rogue) robot in her abode.
SGU didn't end, it was cancelled. At least I'm over being pissed, but it still irritates.
SGA does improve if you can power through.That whole wraith story-line... Unfortunately they came up with an excellent story-line a few episodes from the end.

It was cool, ‘bout 200 years in the future when Mars is inhabited by humans. Then humans living in “The Belt” of large asteroids as Rock Hoppers harvesting ice for water starts an epic battle between Earth and Mars due to economic oppression. Good visual tech and great acting from well known actors from the US, UK and Sweden.

The Mrs and I started watching The Sopranos last week. I am laid up since rotator cuff surgery and trying to dampen the boredom. I don't know if I like it but can't stop. It's sort of a soap opera for the working class. It is well acted but they act like numskulls.
We finished the third season last night.

The Mrs and I started watching The Sopranos last week. I am laid up since rotator cuff surgery and trying to dampen the boredom. I don't know if I like it but can't stop. It's sort of a soap opera for the working class. It is well acted but they act like numskulls.
We finished the third season last night.
Keep watching. I think it's one of the best written shows of the 2000s.

IONTV shows blocks of shows, so I've been watching some of those.

Saving Hope. Stopped on it while flipping through because I saw Daniel Jackson and watched 2 episodes that night and wanted to see how the story-line ended So when I saw the series restarting I watched from the beginning episode and got caught. I think I've got about 15 episodes left.

Been watching a lot of NCIS LA too. I've like CoolJ as an actor since Toys with Robin Williams so despite not being particularly impress with The Boy Wonder, I gave it a shot. Eventually.

SGU didn't end, it was cancelled. At least I'm over being pissed, but it still irritates.
SGA does improve if you can power through.That whole wraith story-line... Unfortunately they came up with an excellent story-line a few episodes from the end.

I know SGU was canceled, guess I just meant I didn't like that it ended that way (unfinished). Since you must be the SG expert with a name like teal'c ;) I will go back to SGA and look around for eps that might interest me more.

Just finished season three of "The Expanse". Very cool. Very good sci-fi for my money. Lots of story lines - loyalty to family, friends, "nations", and humanity was the big one to me. Religion and Politics for others. Some of the science related details blew me away. Like tears pooling in the eyes of a dying woman in a zero G environment. Figuring out the alien tech was a biggie - what it was, how it worked, whether it was a weapon or a tool, etc. It was good enough that I'm probably going to re-watch all three seasons at some point.

Just finished The umbrella Academy on Netflix. I loved it thought it was very entertains. Cant wait for season 2.

I just finished The Umbrella Academy as well. The writers were really going for the throat emotionally in the last couple episodes, but I found it to be a LOT of fun. The soundtrack alone was worth the time spent watching the relationships develop. I was impressed with the quality of the sound throughout the shows. Very dynamic with the loud parts making me reach for the remote.

All you SF fans need to go watch The Expanse. Now.
Streamed the first 3 seasons. Then went and bought the BluRays so I can watch it again.

Back
Top Bottom