$1300 for these?

Reviews can't really be trusted on a polarizing figure like Carver either. Lots of people motivated to give him bad press it seems. I also don't care about the specs. To the OP: if he wants that kind of coin he should be able to demo them for you. Let your ears decide if they are worth it or not. It's pretty simple really.
Definitely not worth the 1300 for the pair...he told me that he will sell em individually tho..I will make an offer that i deem fair lol. Thanku guys for ur input as always

Yamaha B-6.

http://www.thevintageknob.org/yamaha-B-6.html

Interesting Carver connection. X-Module explains owner reports of excessive heat in the B-6. Early version of X-Power module made an appearance in R-1000 and R-2000 receivers. The module switches voltage rails. Unfortunately, the module runs very hot. $1300 is excessive given poor cosmetic condition. Interestingly, many B-6 for sale on you know where but there are no completed sales. True value is probably in $400-600 range but expect more cost for a highly recommended full restoration.
That's the blog I read about them lol..guess I need to read every reply b4 I stick foot in mouth lol

Not even worth $500 in current condition.

Poor design, restoration will cost a ton and results won't be worthwhile.

Leave them where they are. Pick up a better amp.

As I recall, the reviews were thumbs down. The Yamaha Pyramids were not on the market for long but I do not know whether that was due to poor quality/sales or to Bob Carver making noise about unauthorized use of his amp design (again IIRC).
Bob Carver making noise about unauthorized use of his amp design
Not only the B-6 but the A760,A960,M-50 and the M-70.

Back
Top Bottom