What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Saw the posts and news on Peter Tork, RIP. I too, like many in the room, used to watch the Monkees on saturday mornings in the days of youth while it was actively being broadcast (not reruns later). I used to LOVE the segments with the Banana Splits.....................One Banana, Two Banana, 3 banana 4 ............................
images
I'm pretty certain the Banana splits was another Sid and Marty Croft abortion.
I was always fairly positive that Sid and Marty were saving on labor costs, and forced the Hudson brothers to not only be the banana splits, but to also be the characters in HR Puff'n'stuff.

Saw the posts and news on Peter Tork, RIP. I too, like many in the room, used to watch the Monkees on saturday mornings in the days of youth while it was actively being broadcast (not reruns later). I used to LOVE the segments with the Banana Splits.....................One Banana, Two Banana, 3 banana 4 ............................
images

The Banana Splits (The Tra La La Song)
The Dickies
Tra la la tra la la la
Tra la la tra la la la
Tra la la tra la la la
Tra la la tra la la la
One banana two banana three banana four
All bananas make a split so do many more
Over hill and highway the banana buggies go
Come along to bring you the banana splits show
Four banana three banana two banana one
All bananas playing in the bright warm sun
Flipping like a pancake popping like a cork
Fleagle bingo drooper and snork
Making up a mess of fun
Making up…
RIP, Mr. Tork.

I also remember the Banana Splits, but did anyone recall The Double Deckers?

Yes, it is. It is a record store and it is the home of Alive records Suzy Shaw owns and runs it after her late husband who founded Alive records. I love her sense of humor.
But if are looking for cool stuff you may never see or hear of, check out Bomp's web site. I get a lot of cool things from her. Like I said though not mainstream stuff.
Good. I like not mainstream. Like my beloved 90's PNW music before it went mainstream. And the PNW club scene stuff that came before that, such as The Young Fresh Fellows, The Fastbacks, and The Heats, which I am listening to now. And certainly open to other similarly vibed stuff from other parts of the country. Indy, punky, garagy, grungy, etc.

Good. I like not mainstream. Like my beloved 90's PNW music before it went mainstream. And the PNW club scene stuff that came before that, such as The Young Fresh Fellows, The Fastbacks, and The Heats, which I am listening to now. And certainly open to other similarly vibed stuff from other parts of the country. Indy, punky, garagy, grungy, etc.

Cool, then Bomp is your place to check out.

Yum.

Rare night here... we're not making dinner! Here's the deal. Big scrambled eggs, bacon, and toast breakfast. Big Cuban chicken bowl with beans and rice for lunch. We're both looking at each other like, my tummy hurts.

Dinner. BBQ Baby Back ribs cooked in the slow cooker all day with the meat falling off now. Garlic Mashed Cheesy Taters with mixed vegetables.
eaCZVIJkW7gdZ1kiA1w4jkou-gt8synX9LR39LN43QmiorrpHb0iFv4-SSorAs8VGDEOR5fpXPNWlk4HqpmfQd7cdjAyuwC7aYZwgLVp-2iHLSggsGhKh8VDWzA-Hy9v7QoM1NNs1tg=w2400

fUmC5FFvZPJe8whsLOgOTscj-LB-x-vaXXxRKslVlSAyikFsUJQ9g2bufMwYPXZ5yAPM0pKPe9X0tkNC3jKD_zSsnEG3xL-yrX57Es0WA50pZGWe0O5fgnb0-K8nND87g7tC82CrlU4=w2400

-Blitz :)

Back
Top Bottom