What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

It'd be nice to compile some definitive recordings of The Planets. I know I have a few but haven't compared them yet. This one is a Columbia Masterworks and apart from a crackle here and there it sounds darn nice. I have no tone controls so when I hear healthy dynamics I know I have a good pressing.
One of my most favorite classical works. I have probably 5 to 7 versions on it. Love them all.

This is not a post we can like for sure, but just saw it on the internet and, unfortunately, throwing it out there................

English-American rocker Peter Frampton on Saturday revealed he has a rare degenerative muscular disease that could inhibit his ability to play the guitar, and that his upcoming tour will be his last.

The artist, whose 1976 album "Frampton Comes Alive" still reigns as one of the all-time best-selling live records, told CBS News he has been feverishly making music since his diagnosis with the incurable condition inclusion body myositis.

"Between October and two days ago, we've done like 33 new tracks," the Grammy-winning guitarist told the US television network. "I just want to record as much as I can, you know, now, for obvious reasons."

I've been playing all afternoon with new stuff. 1st, now playing Ben Webster and Coleman Hawkins - Blue Saxophone
upload_2019-2-23_18-42-52.png
IMG_0002.JPG IMG_0001 (1).JPG
along with the rack a Yamaha KX R430(cassette) and a Yamaha CDC 775(cd player) and remotes and owners manuals too. Don't worry,a pair of EPI 100's are hooked up too. :) The Yamaha cassette player kicks butt. Played Johnny Rivers Anthology Vol. 1 earlier. Yup the auto reverse works:thumbsup:

Picked up an old set Of Jensen PR 200's today, was just jamming some SRV through them they sound pretty good. Tore one down for an inspection and grill repair, figured I'd share the nudes. A Dome mid and tweeter pretty cool for late 60's I believe.View attachment 1429813 View attachment 1429815 View attachment 1429816 View attachment 1429818 View attachment 1429822
I bet that's one of the best Jensens. Not that I should know...my familiarity is mostly limited to the Triaxials that a lot of friends had in their cars.

Emmylou Harris & Rodney Crowell - Old Yellow Moon
220px-Old_Yellow_Moon.jpg

Never saw this in the wild until recently. Found it at an antique mall/2nd hand store up north in Little Chute that sells both audio gear and records as well. My brother discovered the store. Cover and records are in pretty rough shape but I've wanted it for forever. But playable. Made for TT changers. Sides 1,4 and 2,3. A friend had a pressing of this and I copied it onto this cassette back in February 1990. Still sounds great.

View attachment 1429851 View attachment 1429852 View attachment 1429853 View attachment 1429854
Nice harmonic convergence.

Back
Top Bottom