NAD Owner's - Unite

Just finished a complete re-cap on a C270 power amp. Faceplate has a few scuffs, but overall in excellent condition. Typical NAD product - nicely engineered but with no-name parts. Amp was littered with "JH" brand Chinese caps except for two Elnas and the four main filter caps. Bias and DC offset were very simple to adjust. Looking forward to giving it a good workout.

I'm driving Wharfedale Denton 80's with the power section of an NAD C 370 integrated. I was previously using an EL34 PP amp, but the Dentons are a bit hard to drive and need a more neutral tone with good bass control and authority. The C 370 definitely delivers. The front end is an NAD 114, which seems to be rather unappreciated based upon the lack of information and discussion on the 'net. It is based on the 106, but with better board placement, IMO, and very short signal paths when the tone controls are bypassed. Eventually I'll find a good deal on a C 270 and free up the more versatile C 370 for use somewhere else.

I also have a C 740 receiver in a small kitchen setup with Polk RTi25 bookshelves. It was my first NAD purchase years ago and that little receiver has a very smooth sound and has never let me down.

As a backup to these I have a C320BEE in storage that I used for a short while before I bought the C 370 second hand.

VERY cool resource there NAD80. Thanks for the link!

Last edited:
I have the Monitor series 1300 pre, 2600 amp and 4300 tuner that I've owned since new. The tuner is the only one I still use. The amp and preamp sit unused since I've gone over to tubes.

I've still got the '80s set. But it's not in use at the moment. Amp is the 3120, a 3020b without tone control. Had total recap and such. Cass. deck and CD player still work. The tuner has been repaired lately. Missed a negative voltage, due to a faulty powerrail cap.
Screenshot_20190301-001832_Instagram.jpg

Last edited:
I'm driving Wharfedale Denton 80's with the power section of an NAD C 370 integrated.

:thumbsup: I loved my C370 which I used to drive my Polk SDA 3.1TLs.

I replaced it with a 2200 which worked great. Now I have a Legacy Audio amp in there, but I'm not convinced it is an improvement. So I have a 208 that I might put back in. The SDAs love power and I've never been disappointed in that department by any NAD I've owned.

I replaced it with a 2200 which worked great. Now I have a Legacy Audio amp in there, but I'm not convinced it is an improvement. So I have a 208 that I might put back in. The SDAs love power and I've never been disappointed in that department by any NAD I've owned.

I've heard great things about the 2200. Do you feel there was a substantial improvement with the 2200 vs. the C 370? What preamp did you use with the 2200?

I've heard great things about the 2200. Do you feel there was a substantial improvement with the 2200 vs. the C 370? What preamp did you use with the 2200?

Substantial improvement going from the C370 to the 2200 - probably not. Any improvement, I (want to) believe so, mainly in the bass, but my ears are about as sharp as bowling pins, so take that with a grain of salt.

This is my HT setup - so I've been using a Yamaha RX-V665 as a pre-amp for its HT & HDMI functions. (I have a Marantz AV7005 that'll be replacing it soon.)

I wasn't unhappy with the C370, but I was only using it for its amp in that capacity, thus thinking the 2200 would be more appropriate for the job.

I replaced the 2200 with the Legacy Audio High Current amp thinking it would be an improvement in accuracy. The Legacy Audio amp is rated at 250 wpc into 8 ohms at 0.035% THD, 400 wpc into 4 ohms at 0.035% THD. It runs in class A for "most listening levels" (maybe 20-25 wpc in class A and then switches to A/B the rest of the way). In comparison, the 2200 runs A/B all the time I think and is rated at 0.03% THD, and some guys on YouTube dyno'd one at ~340 wpc into 4 ohms. To be honest in practical listening, to me (see above re: bowling pins), there aren't any substantial differences that stand out to me between the 2200 and the Legacy Audio.

If nothing else, I think my experience has been confirmation of how excellent the 2200 is and how I'd say it's one of the best amps for the money out there. I'm pretty curious to see how the 208 compares.

Attachments

• 2200PE AmpDyno YouTube.jpg
    2200PE AmpDyno YouTube.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 14
Thanks for the insight. I'm impressed with the C 370 as well but, like you, I'm thinking a stand-alone power amp will be more appropriate for my current use so I'm keeping an eye out for them. C 270, 2220, 208, 214 and 216 are all on my radar. It would be neat to have the ability to bridge the C 370 and C 270 together as monoblocks, but it's also good to hear your positive remarks about the 2200.

Posting this as a NAD user evaluating amps ( no affiliations with any company or dealer)

*Pls make corrections or add to make this quick guide more useful*

As i was evaluating NAD amps I had to navigate back and forth from blogs to NAD website to get a understanding of whats available and get info on the multiple options for stereo amps.

Here is a attempt to build a useful NAD amp overview as on 21 April 2018. Its just a attempt and folks are requested to verify facts as needed from the NAD website.

What the differences between different digital implementations would be valuable from experienced NAD experts.

BEE Series (All Class AB amps )

· Integrated : C 316 BEE V2 ; C326 BEE ; C 375 BEE

· Pre-Amp / Power Amp : C 165 BEE / C 275 BEE

C Series (All Hybrid DAC amps)

· Integrated : C 328 ; C 338 ; C 368 ; C 388

· Pre-Amp /Power Amp : C 510 / C 268

D Series (All Hybrid Digital amps)

· Integrated : D3020 V2 ; D 3045 ; D 3070

M (Masters) (All Direct Digital amps)

· Integrated : M32 ; M10

· Pre-Amp /Power Amp : M12 / M 22 V2

Notes : ( these statements/facts may need correction's from the forum .)

· Historical models on Digital Direct Amps history > Model 390DD followed by Model M2 and now M32

· Historical models on Masters (Class AB) history > Model M3 discontinued ?

I have a NAD T753 which is currently acting as power amp for two channel stereo. It's a really nice feature, being able to separate all six power amp channels from the preamp channels. I feed the pre inputs with the pre out of a TEAC AS100 amp and everything sounds great.

3 NADs here. 2600A main amp, 2400 surround amp and a 2100 amp. The 2600A took the place of the 2400 as my main amp a while back so the 2100 moved out of use. All have been very reliable.
I've done relays in all 3 and differential transistors in the 2400 and 2100.

Got my hands on this 3030 a few days ago from England/ebay, I think its a bit odd and cute with the silver face.
Its running my Frankenspeakers to nice rock n roll levels in the livingroom. 15 inch JBL's
Just hook up my iPhone via the aux input.
I belive its from -76, I dont think its ever been touched inside. I've only cleaned it, It runs dead quiet, flawless and rather cool with the 4 ohm speakers.

3030-1.jpg

Last edited:

The 208's a beast :rockon:

always enjoyed NAD gear...my NAD stuff...TUNERS...4020 & 402...CD player...C542...RECEIVER...7240 PE...
INTEGRATED AMP...C316 BEE...NAD IPOD DOCK...this is low end NAD gear...but sounds okay & is working fine...

3F0A80EE-7D3C-485A-9450-806867FCFF71.jpeg I have owned a 3020D now for around 3 years since it was on everyone’s budget gear of the year list. It deserves all the praise it got. Owned a 7240PE that I found in a thrift and foolishly sold it a couple of years ago.

This weekend’s Estate Sale find was a mint C350 integrated amp. I don’t need it, doubt it will be better than my Adcom 555 but I grabbed it anyway. Anyone here familiar with it?

Attachments

• 0A7C2FC3-AED2-4485-813B-DDD84BFE5D2D.jpeg
    0A7C2FC3-AED2-4485-813B-DDD84BFE5D2D.jpeg
    86.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 458C3DCC-6AB9-47D7-BA01-E771737F862E.jpeg
    458C3DCC-6AB9-47D7-BA01-E771737F862E.jpeg
    104.1 KB · Views: 12
View attachment 1582107 I have owned a 3020D now for around 3 years since it was on everyone’s budget gear of the year list. It deserves all the praise it got. Owned a 7240PE that I found in a thrift and foolishly sold it a couple of years ago.

This weekend’s Estate Sale find was a mint C350 integrated amp. I don’t need it, doubt it will be better than my Adcom 555 but I grabbed it anyway. Anyone here familiar with it?

Had one of those a while back. Its a nice amp, I doubt you'll find any better in that price range. I ran a pair of Klipsch RF-83, and I think it smoothed the titanium driver horns of the RF-83 = very good amp !

Back
Top Bottom