Votes: 579 18.1%
  • 20 or less

Votes: 352 11.0%
  • more than 20

Votes: 845 26.4%

• Total voters
Wow some of you guys have a problem!
Not enough speakers. lol

901s and Stonehenge II in the living room.
A massive pair of DIY Altec 604s any day now
University Masters in the basement.
AR 2ax, AR 4, B&O Pentas, Infinity Q5, CVs and a couple of other pairs...I guess I'm in the over 20 club.

In use or just physically in my possession?

This thread started 17 years ago....

The poll is how many speakers you own. I have 8 systems between my house and my office. But I have many more speakers than that. I have 6 pairs next to one system. I have 4 connected at any one time, even though I may listen to only one or two at a time (I have two receivers in that system).

I've gone from 32 pairs to 8 pair - and I won't be restocking as long as I'm in remission ;) I started collecting like a bat out of Hell less than 6 yrs ago and had a crush on vintage Kabuki type stuff and had a floor to ceiling "headboard" of speakers in bedroom and then like 20 more under stairs and in bsmt closet.
About 6 mos. ago I was sick of looking at 'em - sold a bunch and put 8 or 10 pair on the curb. That felt great and created serious real estate in the house. The only ones I want to have again are my Klipsch Cornwall II's - I miss them badly. I'd drop good coin on a pair of Cornwalls or La Scalas but otherwise I'm done unless there's a sick deal that needs me to remedy the situation_like say Klipschorns_:D

Last edited:
I counted around 66 total - in my apartment this week. I've got several more pairs elsewhere. I have a problem.
Make headboards and end tables_I have stored big ones on their sides, put grilles in closet, thrown cushions and a duvet on it and used 'em as benches_:bigok: I had to put 'em somewhere. It sounds like you must have extensive floor to ceiling action say 5 walls 8 feet long is that about right? I've had 14 at the head of the bed before.
My stuff is mostly low end so no worries concerning damage.
Hell even 8 pair is a pain to rotate and store after a while.Are we to interpret this as a cry for help? Need courage to unload? lol

Last edited:
I've gone from 32 pairs to 8 pair - and I won't be restocking as long as I'm in remission ;) I started collecting like a bat out of Hell less than 6 yrs ago and had a crush on vintage Kabuki type stuff and had a floor to ceiling "headboard" of speakers in bedroom and then like 20 more under stairs and in bsmt closet.
About 6 mos. ago I was sick of looking at 'em - sold a bunch and put 8 or 10 pair on the curb. That felt great and created serious real estate in the house. The only ones I want to have again are my Klipsch Cornwall II's - I miss them badly. I'd drop good coin on a pair of Cornwalls or La Scalas but otherwise I'm done unless there's a sick deal that needs me to remedy the situation_like say Klipschorns_:D

Oh man, you let your Cornwall's exit your life?
Good luck finding a decent pair nowadays for reasonable money since they seem to keep rising in value. I'm curious about what you actually kept???

Welp - I got 11 x what I paid for 'em so they went. They were cosmetically poor and no grilles but all drivers worked. Some asshat had painted them black poorly and the horns on one were slightly misshapen from being too close to a woodstove. I got them for $50 yes FIFTY (I shit you not) from a perfect stranger on Kijiji (posted in another thread in detail with pics) and took $550 a year later so...I could have got more I know but hey not too shabby margin wise. I pieced out all the drivers and crossovers separately to about $1680 delivered to my door CAD.
Cabs and grilles not included.

So buddy feels like he made out like a bandit and I make a sick return and a possible future contact at the same time. Even though my profit margin was insane I still regret selling. What I kept - Pioneer CS-66, CS-7, CS-88, CS-99, CS-R700, CS-63DX, Sansui SP-X8, Cerwin Vega E-315. I must mention that a recent death in the family has necessitated a massive downsizing for me because I have to move out of here soon. The next place will be too small for the bigger stuff so that prioritizes my choice of smaller keepers for now.

Last edited:
Make headboards and end tables_I have stored big ones on their sides, put grilles in closet, thrown cushions and a duvet on it and used 'em as benches_:bigok: I had to put 'em somewhere. It sounds like you must have extensive floor to ceiling action say 5 walls 8 feet long is that about right? I've had 14 at the head of the bed before.
My stuff is mostly low end so no worries concerning damage.
Hell even 8 pair is a pain to rotate and store after a while.Are we to interpret this as a cry for help? Need courage to unload? lol
I actually sell and trade a lot, so unloading isn't a problem - it's just the balance with the replenishing sometimes lol. And I sold a pair this morning, so now it's like 64 in the apartment.

I have a lot of smaller bookshelf and satellite speakers right now, so that upped the count. Also, 15 of the count are in my 2 main systems (with most of that coming from surround).

The dining room is more or less an equipment room.

Attachments

• 20190304_195020.jpg
    20190304_195020.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 25
  • 20190304_195029.jpg
    20190304_195029.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
1 pair Paradigm Atoms
1 pair Paradigm Titans
1 Polk Audio PSW 108
1 pair Original Large Advent Loudspeakers
1 pair New Advent Loudspeakers
1 pair EPI 1200's

Wish List: 1 pair AR 3a's

One detail I forgot to mention about the 32 pair scenario I had - the smallest pair was still Pioneer CS-66 and then on up in size from there. So yeah lots of space sucking prevalent.

well anyone with surround is going to have lots
5.1 in the living room
2 pairs for separate stereo in the living room
2 matching subs in the living room
so there is 11 speakers just in the living room
and then theres the spare bedroom storage and the basement
Spare bedroom storage and the basement? Do tell...or should I say confess?

... What I kept - Pioneer CS-66, CS-7, CS-88, CS-99, CS-R700, CS-63DX, Sansui SP-X8, Cerwin Vega E-315. I must mention that a recent death in the family has necessitated a massive downsizing for me because I have to move out of here soon. The next place will be too small for the bigger stuff so that prioritizes my choice of smaller keepers for now.

To bad about the condition of your Cornwall's, but the money you made can go towards another pair that are in much better shape.

As far as your keepers go, I highly suggest that you keep and fully restore the Pioneer CS-63DX, they will surprise you! I have 2 pair of those, lol. No space for your hobby is a bummer, just become more selective. I moved about 3 years ago to help my mother out and 95 percent of my fun is still packed away.

Spare bedroom storage and the basement? Do tell...or should I say confess?

living room 5.1
energy 22.2
polk rti something
energy center

living room

energy veritas 2.3i [ 2 chan]
yamaha ns-1000m [ 2 chan]
2 x 12" velodyne subs [2 chan]

bedroom
mission 770
kef 104/2 ... luv these, but to use them the yammies have to go back in there
kef 105/2
pardigm 5 se mkiii

downstairs
mach 1
sansui sp-100
polk rti 4 2 pair ... 1 never used
Janszen Z-2-CF... [ Sony 10" Driver 2 x electrostatic Panels] if i ever get around to refoaming the woofer
bose 4.2
bose 2.2
infinity something missing a phase plug

lord knows theres more but i'm not gonna look :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom