PL-530 vs 550 vs 570

DCH

OK, I'm confused by something... I have noticed that on the 'Bay, a PL-530 seems to sell for more than its big brother the 570. Right now you can Buy It Now a 530 for between $580 and $850, while the 570s (not the crappy plastic version) start at a BIN of $600.

Is there something about this series that makes the non-QL tables better or more desireable? The 550s are crazy expensive, but there's only 2 of them, which kind of makes sense.

So I guess my question is, what's the pros and cons of the 3 tables in this series, and why the everloving buggery would the ostensibly TOTL 570 be the same price or cheaper as the comparatively BOTL 530?

First, the PL-550 is manual only and that's the biggest difference vs. the other two. It also has a tonearm that's more similar to the 570.

The 530 has a plastic tone arm base that can crack.

The 550 is pretty bullet proof IMO. I like mine.

First, the PL-550 is manual only and that's the biggest difference vs. the other two. It also has a tonearm that's more similar to the 570.

The 530 has a plastic tone arm base that can crack.

The 550 is pretty bullet proof IMO. I like mine.
Believe me, I know ALL about the plastic tonearm base cracking in the 530.

ALL too well.

Part of why I'm so surprised the 570s look to be the same price if not cheaper.

Believe me, I know ALL about the plastic tonearm base cracking in the 530.

ALL too well.

Part of why I'm so surprised the 570s look to be the same price if not cheaper.

The only reason I can think to prefer the 530 over the 570 is that maybe the 530's auto functions are more reliable and/or easier to fix. Anyone know?

Back
Top Bottom