Tell us about your avatar

A really obscure radio compilation of local bands from my hometown. Found it in the basement of some antique store still in shrink. It's a bit before my time, but I still enjoy it! The art is staggering!

Worked at a bar in Cincinnati for over twenty years. Known for metal all through the 80's and with new owners now trying to make a resurgence.

Met Ronnie James dio in early 2000 when he played there, true gentlemen, RIP.

:angel::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

DIY open baffle speakers.

Lowther DX3 on the left over Eminence Alphas in flat baffles and Tang Band W8-1808 over Eminence Alphas in H-frames.

I need to update the photo as the Tang Bands have been replaced by 12" Zenith 49CZ802 circa 1957.

I change my avatar from time to time, but the current one is my "horribly abused" dog. He is begging for "help"--I think he needs a new pillow for his dedicated sofa. Spoiled brat mutt--not really--I had him flown in from Germany, but he is a total "whore" in terms of attention--he likes his people. And he is a "working dog"--I've had him over 100' in the air on a lift. He loves the FedEx driver that brings him his Chewy box.

It was a company in the town I grew up in that made one off records from your tapes and reconditioned / repaired and sold PA equipment. I found a couple ads in Billboard magazine from the 50's but know nothing else about the business, It was just a house with no signs and I never there was a business there. The house is still there according to google street view.

looks like this picture was taken in the park across the street
sound-service-engineers.jpg

My buddy Skylar smiler, in memoriam. He was my second rescue Akita, drove to the middle of Michigan to get him from a Doberman rescue. He was on death row when the Doberman rescue owner saw him while saving some Dobies from a pound and she couldn't leave him. I feel blessed that I got to spend 10 years with him. ford II 002.JPG

My buddy Skylar smiler, in memoriam. He was my second rescue Akita, drove to the middle of Michigan to get him from a Doberman rescue. He was on death row when the Doberman rescue owner saw him while saving some Dobies from a pound and she couldn't leave him. I feel blessed that I got to spend 10 years with him. View attachment 1459032

You can find out most everything you need to know about the type of Man/Woman any stranger is from the way they interact with animals , especially the 1 animal that's closest to a human in the way we think and that's K9s ,I know the loss you feel & how fast those 10 years you had with your pal flew by ,we lost our female Turtle Buster who was a rescue bulldog when we got her ,she's been gone 2 months now & we're still discovering how much her presence effected our day to day ancillary & trivial tasks ,like bringing in groceries or doing laundry ,I miss her terribly ,I'm changing my avatar soon to a pic of my pooch .

Reactions: ESP
My previous avatar was of 1 of our 2 pair of McIntosh Mc-1201 monoblocks but has now been changed to a picture of my best friend ,my pooch " Baby Hoss " and the baby is part of his name,his furry momma had a littler where only 1 pup was born & that huge pup was Hoss,we we're so concerned that only 1 pup came out of her we rushed her to the emergency vet,after X-rays showed no pups stuck inside her the vet gave her a clean bill of health ,looked over at the massive puppy and said " wow,he sure is a Baby Hoss " and the name stuck ,here's his pics below sitting in his very own chair watching his furry momma's every move when she got sick at the end of her life .
20181216_171539_1.jpg
Here's the little shit when he was 1 day old ,a Baby Hoss .
4.jpeg 20181216_171539_1.jpg 4.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom