Integrated pm7000 inquiry

Jcbluesman

I'm searching for a integrated amplifier and I found a pm7000 for what I think is a decent price on CL. It looks mint+. I've never heard a marantz in person, being a newbie I haven't heard a bunch of amps. Right now I have a onkyo tx80 hooked up to Yamaha NS 670's and the sound is good, because of the NS 670's, for sure. I mostly spin vinyl so phono stage is most important to me, along with soundstage, definition, instrument separation and vocalization of course. I listen to mostly upright bass stuff, 50&60s, folk. Easy listening stuff, Sinatra, Day, King Cole etc... orchestrated music to. Not a whole lot of electric bass stuff or overly miked drum mixes, but some here and there, Elvis, Atkins etc....you know, No ported speakers for me. I did read a audiophile review that the mids are mushy, so that would be a concern, but who knows what speakers they were hooked up to. If anyone knows this amplifier please chime in. Thanks. I could just go over there and listen to it I suppose but I don't want to bug the guy unless I want to go in a marantz direction.

I had one and it was the worst amp I've had. The mids are a big problem, they smear and obscure detail and background information and after using it for quite awhile when I put in another amp it was significant as to how much music had been missing with the Marantz. If you search deep enough you'll find a lot of negative reviews of that model. I wish I had done that before buying.

I had one and it was the worst amp I've had. The mids are a big problem, they smear and obscure detail and background information and after using it for quite awhile when I put in another amp it was significant as to how much music had been missing with the Marantz. If you search deep enough you'll find a lot of negative reviews of that model. I wish I had done that before buying.[/QUOTEl I'll stay away. Thanks because I was ready to spend the dime. I'm hot for a integrated amp now but I want it to be 3 or 4 steps up from my tx 80, and it's not a bad receiver. This is exactly why I posted :)

I'm not knocking Marantz, It was written a lot that the newer model that replaced the pm7000 was much better.

Well, I wouldn't know personally but I've read that every manufacturer missed it from time to time and from tastes to tastes. Me personally don't like blended music, others I've read seek it out and stay away from well defined setup's. I guess that's why we have so many choices. I read posts on my ns-670's that they have no bass and with my tastes they have more than enough. As a matter of fact I'm listening to the Mills Brothers on vinyl and I have the bass at 8 o'clock and my treble neutral and I have all the bass I want and it's plenty warm for me. A bunch of different tastes for sure

Back
Top Bottom