Three best SiFi movies of the fifty’s

Wasn't Steve McQueen's first movie in "The Blob"???

The "Fly" was one of Vincent's better films.

Q

Thanks! I didn´t know that. Apparently it was his first leading role. According to Wikipedia:

The film stars Steve McQueen (in his starring feature film debut, as Steven McQueen)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Blob

PS:
He landed his first film role in a bit part in Somebody Up There Likes Me, directed by Robert Wise and starring Paul Newman. McQueen was subsequently hired for the films Never Love a Stranger, The Blob (his first leading role) which depicts a flesh eating amoeba-like space creature, and The Great St. Louis Bank Robbery.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_McQueen

Lotta good titles, have seen most of them. I'll add a favorite, also produced in the 1950s (though the story is from the 1870s):

Journey To The Center Of The Earth (1959).

Truth, just about every good novel/story authored by Jules Verne has been made into a pretty decent picture.

Lotta good titles, have seen most of them. I'll add a favorite, also produced in the 1950s (though the story is from the 1870s):

Journey To The Center Of The Earth (1959).

Truth, just about every good novel/story authored by Jules Verne has been made into a pretty decent picture.

Ya, that one stayed with me a long time back then.

Q

After accepting congratulations for a job well done, he announces that he is coming back to pick up "The Bomb". So he makes the round trip and blows up the flying saucer. Everyone is happy with their accomplishments.

but thats how you become a "Real Person"
guys who boringly work their tails off for a less then perfect looking wife and normal non exceptional but warm hearted
kids, we are nothing.

The World The Flesh and The Devil

Early post apocalyptic goodness.

Another good one and maybe the first is 5ive.

Last edited:
Vincent Price was in demand in those days...."The Tingler", and "The Abominable Dr. Phibes" are two that spring to mind....

Great film would watch it again . Was watching "The day the earth stood still" 1951 earlier today on FXM. Now we have to do one on the 60's, 70's, SciFi flicks.

Back
Top Bottom