What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

I kind of lost interest with Achtung Baby and did not purchase that album for nearly 10 years after its release. I have also bought their later albums but I have not even bothered with their most recent. I have to admit, their best run was from 1980-88.

Agreed. Rush did the same thing for me. I lost interest after Power Windows. For a long time. But I came back in the end. I do have All That You Can't Leave Behind. Haven't listened to it for awhile. Incidentally, this War reissue sounds amazing.

View attachment 1451147

Blondie was probably one of my favorite bands in the late 70's. As a 12-13 year old, I didn't have a lot of disposable money, but I did manage to save enough to buy records. It's pretty cool to play music I listened to 40 years ago; it's even cooler to play it on the same actual record I listened to 40 years ago!
Indeed it is.

Dinner Just played Jobim's "Waters of March"

This tune has to be the most Long-Winded-Lyric Eclectic Jazz pieces out there. I mean....

A stick, a stone, it's the end of the road
It's the rest of a stump, it's a little alone
It's a sliver of glass, it is life, it's the sun
It is night, it is death, it's a trap, it's a gun
The oak when it blooms, a fox in the brush
A knot in the wood, the song of a thrush
The wood of the wind, a cliff, a fall
A scratch, a lump, it is nothing at all
It's the wind blowing free, it's the end of the slope
It's a beam it's a void, it's a hunch, it's a hope
And the river bank talks of the waters of March
It's the end of the strain
The joy in your heart
The foot, the ground, the flesh and the bone
The beat of the road, a slingshot's stone
A fish, a flash, a silvery glow
A fight, a bet the fange of a bow
The bed of the well, the end of the line
The dismay in the face, it's a loss, it's a find
A spear, a spike, a point, a nail
A drip, a drop, the end of the tale
A truckload of bricks in the soft morning light
The sound of a shot in the dead of the night
A mile, a must, a thrust, a bump,
It's a girl, it's a rhyme, it's a cold, it's the mumps
The plan of the house, the body in bed
And the car that got stuck, it's the mud, it's the mud
A float, a drift, a flight, a wing
A hawk, a quail, the promise of spring
It's the promise of life, it's the joy in your heart
A stick, a stone, it's the end of the road
It's the rest of a stump, it's a little alone
A snake, a stick, it is John, it is Joe
It's a thorn in your hand and a cut in your toe
A point, a grain, a bee, a bite
A blink, a buzzard, a sudden stroke of night
A pin, a needle, a sting a pain
A snail, a riddle, a wasp, a stain
A pass in the mountains, a horse and a mule
In the distance the shelves rode three shadows of blue
And the river talks of the waters of March
It's the promise of life in your heart
A stick, a stone, the end of the road
The rest of a stump, a lonesome road
A sliver of glass, a life, the sun
A knife, a death, the end of the run
It's the end of all strain, it's the joy in your heart

Most will think of the Mendez version of this song.
I personally like the Monheit version;

Billy got me thinking just how much I love this song, so now spinning Art Garfunkel Breakaway side one ending with - Waters of March.
Nice way to end the evening. Cheers!

https---images.genius.com-e0983478436713860ee7a77e0e012645.1000x1000x1.jpg

There was a time when U2 was "it" for me. I dig/dug much of their early stuff all the way through Achtung Baby. Saw the Zooropa tour in Madison, WI at Camp Randall. '93/'94. We were right next to the platform, 3rd row, IIRC. So close. It was a culmination of a fanatic run for me. After Zooropa I lost some interest. But, that happens.

I kind of lost interest with Achtung Baby and did not purchase that album for nearly 10 years after its release. I have also bought their later albums but I have not even bothered with their most recent. I have to admit, their best run was from 1980-88.

i started to lose interest after the pop album which imo is underrated,there is some great stuff on the collaborative passengers album also which came in between zooropa and pop.i do find that there are some good tracks on the albums post 2000 but just not enough to hold my interest,i listened to the latest album songs of experience when it came out and cringed when i heard bono actually using a vocoder type effect on a vocal.i think they have lost their way trying to stay relevant.

Now Playing: 1976 - Heart - Dreamboat Annie [Japanese Master SHM] (Capitol UICY-25529)
7IjZgEunHxF2mLX06mIkszlJq7IEkgk5UVy3Cwgp1BZVmtOaU6KCFlziD66pt6qXoOuhZQbmBMacsqCpJQXv2HhdWLHl48HCxCKo7eFYP596mndU5Uk4HVaShVKW6ixLc2k1GI8MedY=w2400

-Blitz :)

i started to lose interest after the pop album which imo is underrated,there is some great stuff on the collaborative passengers album also which came in between zooropa and pop.i do find that there are some good tracks on the albums post 2000 but just not enough to hold my interest,i listened to the latest album songs of experience when it came out and cringed when i heard bono actually using a vocoder type effect on a vocal.i think they have lost their way trying to stay relevant.

Vocoder??? Boo! It'd be nice if U2 would make an album today like Joshua... or October. Just for the halibut.

Back
Top Bottom