RIP Dick Dale Surf Guitar Legend

NO! Oh man :eek:

Dick, I kinda knew about you when I was a kid but never had the chance to hear your stuff. Here I am a 'geezer and I think you a god. From Central Massachusetts
no less! Godspeed man, we'll really miss ya...:(

Somebody make sure to bring an LP/tape/CD to Frankenfest!

Still alive on wiki
Birth name Richard Anthony Mansour
Also known as The King of the Surf Guitar
Born May 4, 1937 (age 81)

Source of fake news?, you can't even use the link and it's the only reference.
Google
https://www.google.com/search?q=Dic...UIECgD&cshid=1552848574621598&biw=896&bih=412

BULLETIN: RIP Dick Dale, 'King of the Surf Guitar' Passes Away at 82
californiarocker.com-57 minutes ago
Dick Dale, known as “King of The Surf Guitar,” has passed away, ... Dale, who had been quietly suffering health issues for many years, was ...

Last edited:
As a guitarist whose earliest influences were surf, I am sad.

RIP, King of The Surf Guitar. :(

Dick Dale played the electric guitar the way it should be played, as a teenager in the 1960’s I grooved on his music. From an electronic point of view, he was one of the guitar pilots that made the Germanium Transistor worth something part of his sound was the delicious fuzz distortion a leaky Germanium transistor puts on the amplified sound. Thanks, Mr. Dale for music that kept this driver awake at night driving across Wyoming's wide open emptiness.

Last edited:
DICKDALE+AVL+MUSIC+HALL.jpg

RIP. He was someone a heck of a lot of guitarists looked up to.
I was lucky enough to see him a couple times. He liked to talk about himself a lot but no doubt he had the admiration of the audiences.

Dick was out there, leading on the crest of a West Coast surf rock phenom, he inspired a genre that will always be tied to that time and that place.
R. I. P. , Dude.

Back
Top Bottom