So why is there no HH Scott specific forum on AK?

Greg Nal

Audio Wizard Wannabe
Subscriber
With the prevalence of their luscious gold-faced tube equipment, and their adventures into SS, I'd have thought it would have earned its own forum by now. I have no fewer than 20 Scott tube amps, preamps and tuners, and a few solid state as well. I was hoping there was a hangout for the Scott peeps. What gives?

No specific forum unfortunately,,the questions been asked numerous times in the past.General questions on your gear will get answered promptly tho,many here own and know HHscott gear well

With the prevalence of their luscious gold-faced tube equipment, and their adventures into SS, I'd have thought it would have earned its own forum by now. I have no fewer than 20 Scott tube amps, preamps and tuners, and a few solid state as well. I was hoping there was a hangout for the Scott peeps. What gives?
I don't know about a Scott forum, but if you have 20 vintage Scott items, I would hang out with you! :)

If you start your own Scott website/forum, I'll be there. In the meantime I'll be trying to catch up to you......15527731089744148304590160316638.jpg

The more things get divvied up, the less answers tend to be found. I notice since there is now an Eico forum it sits with questions unanswered a lot.
Yes, as an EICO owner, I find that there is more EICO info in the general Tube forum than in the one that deals specifically with EICO. The more specific forum only gets a couple of responses a week. I suspect that a dedicated Scott forum wouldn't be much more active.

The Fisher forum is active and of extreme value to Fisher aficionados. It apparently depends on who is part of that community and the information and expertise available and how many units are still in circulation. An H.H. Scott forum might work as there is an active and strong following.

BTW, I've often wondered the same question about "Why isn't there a Heathkit forum?"

Following are my H.H. Scotts, all electronically restored:
  • Scott 296 x 2
  • Scott 272
  • Scott 299C
  • Scott 299B
  • Scott 222C
  • Scott 399
  • Scott LK150
  • (I used to have a mint all-original Scott 210F that I regret selling.)
Obviously, I’m a Scott fan. (I also own Fisher, McIntosh, Pilot, and Altec tube amps.)

I’d also enjoy a Scott forum, but I’ve always been able to get answers to questions on the Tube Audio forum.

P.S. I also own a 1934 E.H. Scott Allwave 15 radio in a Tasman cabinet, which is completely unrelated. I think it’s interesting that one of the leaders in the early days of radio was E.H. Scott, and one of the leaders in early hi-fi was H.H. Scott. I thought about buying an E.H. Scott Philharmonic, but never followed through.

The more things get divvied up, the less answers tend to be found. I notice since there is now an Eico forum it sits with questions unanswered a lot.

This. Hope you enjoy the camaraderie in the tube forum!

The Fisher forum is active and of extreme value to Fisher aficionados. It apparently depends on who is part of that community and the information and expertise available and how many units are still in circulation. An H.H. Scott forum might work as there is an active and strong following.
BTW, I've often wondered the same question about "Why isn't there a Heathkit forum?"

Why, there is simply too much diversity in all of the Heathkit product, from little radios, to Nixie clocks and miscellany, to audio amplifiers and recievers, Test gear, various speakers branded Heathkit (like my Altec Valencis!), test gear, B&W and color TVs, even some furniture. With the current holder of the Heath brand very litigious and ready to sue the skin off anyone that shares a manual or related files they desire to make a buck on.

Do a search on Heathkit Manuals and read the stories of friendly hams that were forced to take down their shared and accumulated wisdom when the new Heath owners appeared.

(This is personal opinion and not related to AK in any official or moderation capability)

I don't know about a Scott forum, but, its St Patrick's Day, and thats for the Irish.
Come back on St. Andrew's day and we can talk about Scotts.
;)

There are several people who have working knowledge of the HH Scott linup. If you need assistance the search function works really well. Once you have read several searched threads you will start to get an idea of which members know what they are talking about. Most of these folks will do anything they can to help a person out. If a search doesnt yeild the info you need, feel free to PM me or any of the far more knowledgeable techs on AK. As for a dedicated forum, i think they detract from the tube forum. I spent a lot of time looking for a specific marantz 7 restoration theead, only to find it in the marantz section(who knew) instead of the tube section.

Following are my H.H. Scotts, all electronically restored:
  • Scott 296 x 2
  • Scott 272
  • Scott 299C
  • Scott 299B
  • Scott 222C
  • Scott 399
  • Scott LK150
  • (I used to have a mint all-original Scott 210F that I regret selling.)
Obviously, I’m a Scott fan. (I also own Fisher, McIntosh, Pilot, and Altec tube amps.)

I’d also enjoy a Scott forum, but I’ve always been able to get answers to questions on the Tube Audio forum.

P.S. I also own a 1934 E.H. Scott Allwave 15 radio in a Tasman cabinet, which is completely unrelated. I think it’s interesting that one of the leaders in the early days of radio was E.H. Scott, and one of the leaders in early hi-fi was H.H. Scott. I thought about buying an E.H. Scott Philharmonic, but never followed through.

What? No 340A?? That's my poor attempt at trolling your awesome HH Scott collection. At least I have a 296 but I would rather have a 272 and a LK150.

Back
Top Bottom