What's on top of your speaker - Fun/Bizarre/Weird

One of these little guys (A Swedish Tomte) that my kids got me last Christmas, stayed there through almost the whole summer, although supposedly sometimes mischievous, they are said to protect the home and those within. Plus I told my kids you don't want to mess with him, they wouldn't like what would happen if they displeased him... :biggrin:

31308!SOCKE-34655_d.jpg

Indian elephant theme here.
On the left speaker I have an ivory Ganesha which I inherited from my grandparents, and a wooden elephant with ivory inlays which I got from them when I was little. They lived in India for a few years in the 80's, and brought a ton of stuff home with them.

On the right is a candle holder (with elephants), which my mum bought for me on a holiday in India.

I have up-turned unused lengths of packing tape, adhesive-side facing up (clear, but previously had brown because that was what I had available). I think that fits the "Bizarre/Weird" criteria of the topic! But I would prefer not to have it. Here's why...

My Vandersteen speakers have a wood frame on the top with stretched fabric over it. Which makes a wonderful bed for a cat. Except I don't want my cat to stretch the fabric out of shape, and to take ownership of my speakers as another scratching post. The up-turned tape acts as a deterrent - when she jumps on top, the tape sticks to the bottom of her paws, which she hates. Don't worry, it doesn't hurt her, she will jump down and spend some minutes shaking the tape off her paw and walk off being very annoyed. It took a long time (years) to train her not to jump on top of them, but I don't trust her enough to remove the tape, so it stays!

Back
Top Bottom