Today's JAZZ playlist

Yeah, it was WKCR. I had never heard those recordings of Ben with The Ravens. I don't really know the work of the Ravens. I love that style of music but I've never devoted myself to really picking up stuff in that genre. I may have to do something about that!

Ben's solo on "Poutin" really blew me away too. They played a couple of cuts from that record he did with Johnny Richards. I liked the arrangements but didn't dig the flute or whatever that instrument was that was added to them. But I don't think it was there on "Poutin". There was enough of Ben to overlook the flute.

WKCR is such a good station. I need to listen more often. That one show you and I both listened to with the old Jazz was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G !

ll lu.jpgll lu 2.jpg

Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong / Ella & Louis
1956 Verve
2010 WaxTime (reissue; 180 gram)

Bought this one last Sunday with my 50% off Half Price Books coupon.

@Leebob Lee, playing this brand new reissue with the Grado mono cartridge and it sounds superb! Go ahead and play any mono album with the ME+. :thumbsup: My first new reissue album played with the Grado mono. Will be playing all of these new mono reissue albums with the Grado from now on! :music:

@jgannon Gannon, love this album!! Beautiful sounding and you can't beat the Dynamic Duo of Ella & Louis together! :music:

R-4289330-1360800314-8871.jpeg.jpg

Listening to the cuts right now with Shadow Wilson on drums and and Wilbur Ware. :music:

View attachment 1454252View attachment 1454251

1956 Verve

@Leebob Lee, playing this brand new reissue with the Grado mono cartridge and it sounds superb! Go ahead and play any mono album with the ME+. :thumbsup: My first new reissue album played with the Grado mono. Will be playing all of these new mono reissue albums with the Grado from now on! :music:

@jgannon Gannon, love this album!! Beautiful sounding and you can't beat the Dynamic Duo of Ella & Louis together! :music:

One of the great albums of all-time of any genre...

View attachment 1454252View attachment 1454251

1956 Verve

I've put this forth as 'Possibly the finest Jazz Record ever recorded'. It just is so good, it wastes no space, the production is first rate and on 180 gram virgin vinyl, it has it all.

Two albums hot off the rcm, does anyone know if the Jeri Southern (Roulette R-25039) is mono or stereo? Just says Dynamic High Fidelity. 1958 Discogs doesn't say one way or the other(I think)
View attachment 1454289
$.75 each. They came from a lady in White Plains New York;)

It would be mono. "High Fidelity" usually means mono. If it's in stereo, it would say "Stereo" on the album.

Back
Top Bottom