What Do You Like for Breakfast

Made some Egg in the Basket's today with some thick cut bacon. Hoping the bacon is to my pal @Bill Ferris 's specification. ;)

cvqKdt-a2svKPwPoMyGG0VNwd51_lY3GTZvSXUl6RpkGX54tZOTytPJMcmeVlfQRgYijVwJz9Bw8A_DjpE_gfVZL-eP1GZ78FtzXCJ_X7zwkQ5TS8EEfHIeCj43K08vxnnbz7uVHo6A=w2400

taHkQ9Z1Jc64OMEf3OJu3z5aUeVgVUzqf0r4K43ABFMNbNbxdpmoFaqn6URD7uvMleaFEz8QO1CiVPX6PFTEILe-PbpbDQigcnGmIBTLZMLGtifEjKBAVd1kmUoxYWSvtaU3U1eEUV0=w2400

2wcuYg6KjTvdLyxCcKt9WcDVLingPYGdcKggo9jpLEOHR2rzI4n8DhhqJXwDNrsc8HABG4qyrCAndfEwQupzfyApzC5Q2WGeusT4CQbYIJcgUJJhPfSNKoClis0dBe2dv-wKno5XpQI=w2400

PS> The Knucklehead ate half my bacon!:eek:
aw9DttsdoQfFAmhFi-F1WiSAgXvsyBt7nvx4XOisAt3Qu1A6txg9OL9LnVsazvkrwLQ8AGFB6Icj0h9Pj4q7EcihhX5a0L-3EaTErkYcpAITwXlNiyekMqilbzXUY3t-ppSCNsgcFKw=w2400

-Blitz :)

Made some Egg in the Basket's today with some thick cut bacon. Hoping the bacon is to my pal @Bill Ferris 's specification. ;)

cvqKdt-a2svKPwPoMyGG0VNwd51_lY3GTZvSXUl6RpkGX54tZOTytPJMcmeVlfQRgYijVwJz9Bw8A_DjpE_gfVZL-eP1GZ78FtzXCJ_X7zwkQ5TS8EEfHIeCj43K08vxnnbz7uVHo6A=w2400

taHkQ9Z1Jc64OMEf3OJu3z5aUeVgVUzqf0r4K43ABFMNbNbxdpmoFaqn6URD7uvMleaFEz8QO1CiVPX6PFTEILe-PbpbDQigcnGmIBTLZMLGtifEjKBAVd1kmUoxYWSvtaU3U1eEUV0=w2400

2wcuYg6KjTvdLyxCcKt9WcDVLingPYGdcKggo9jpLEOHR2rzI4n8DhhqJXwDNrsc8HABG4qyrCAndfEwQupzfyApzC5Q2WGeusT4CQbYIJcgUJJhPfSNKoClis0dBe2dv-wKno5XpQI=w2400

aw9DttsdoQfFAmhFi-F1WiSAgXvsyBt7nvx4XOisAt3Qu1A6txg9OL9LnVsazvkrwLQ8AGFB6Icj0h9Pj4q7EcihhX5a0L-3EaTErkYcpAITwXlNiyekMqilbzXUY3t-ppSCNsgcFKw=w2400

Oh yeah OTB, well within my bacon specifications..:thumbsup:
Your only fault, was to not make enough for both you and Knuckle Head, as that final sit down plate pic looks kind of bacon shy.

I know when I`ve consumed enough bacon, because when laying in bed, later on, I hear my arteries creaking & moaning like some old pipes with steam, or water running through them !! :eek:

Now, I will be happy to wait for my Corn Beef & Cabbage to finish crock pot cooking, since last night, so I can gorge on it for dinner, and add to the permeation of the whole house cabbage cooking fumes, when tomorrow I can add to the overall house`s smell with my own "personal vapors" !
I`m sure my caregiver will appreciate my efforts !! HA !!

Hole in One

I decided to see what the hubbub was about. I only had a heel left from this bread I like alot (Nature's Own, Honey Oat), so this fit right in. I also did up some smoked beef (Brother and Sister brand), thin-sliced off of the slab and brought to a slightly crisp state in a convection toaster oven. I added a garnish of cilantro leaves from the vase in the kitchen window.

This was a nice light breakfast, with a small glass of Dole pineapple-orange juice to wash it down...

DAC99D74-075A-4634-A497-C064970B35CF.jpeg

Enjoy,
Rich P

Looks great, but now, is that up to the Texan standard? I think it needs to be little meatier.

I realized that I've been eating like a monk all these years. ;)

I like the way you cooked your sunny side ups. Some people hate burnt edges, but I love it.

This reminds me of the Randy Taylor vs. Jimmy Dean sausage dispute.

Today it's Sunday so I made the Breakfast. For me, (4) over medium eggs, (6) Thick Cut peices of Applewood Bacon, cooked to @Bill Ferris ' specification, (4) peices of honey wheat toast with real butter.

CWjh6C-Hk3M5P_W2Muv1xwBnQqRAuUbJmCxNqHPDPdtjj-_JUYOlxsvY9zTGg8_xEu6byYKawb4iLD3SkWv73_ZBNF0L8AXif1VrRkEJUnAtjV7ZjqQNGhO_a9PKJJXwr2JJ8x63VYs=w2400

Thanks a lot OTB, I`m dying here !! LOL !!
You enjoy presenting these very tasty things here, and calling me out about them !!
I love you too, you dog, you masochist !!

Kibbeh and Eggs

This breakfast was quite a nice change of pace. I had some of the kibbeh and a falafel patty from a dinner I made the other night. Both apparently freeze quite nicely. If only I had had some Iraqi samoon bread to go with...

First, Lebanese Falafel: ground chick peas, chopped onion, chopped parsley, chopped cilantro, sea salt, red pepper flakes, minced garlic, cumin seeds, baking powder, and flour. This is formed into small patties, and deep-fried so that the outside is crunchy and the inside is tender and moist. I took the leftover patty and heated it up in a bit of olive oil, restoring its outer crispiness.

Next, some tweaked cottage fries: cubed Russet potato, sea salt, fresh-ground black pepper, and black Indian mustard seeds. These were fried up in olive oil, in a corner of the same pan with the falafel patty.

Next, the Lebanese Kibbeh (flat style to make useful with other dishes, instead of little footballs): chopped onions, kalamata olive oil, fresh-ground lamb, ground allspice, sea salt, ground cinnamon, fresh-ground black pepper, toasted pine nuts, and bulgur wheat. This was broken up and fried in olive oil, in a corner of the same pan with the potatoes and falafel.

Finally, a few fresh eggs, from the girls out back, scrambled and fried in a separate pan, in olive oil. There is just something special that olive oil and scrambled eggs do together.

This was washed down with an ice-cold glass of iced coffee.

Dinner.jpeg

Close.jpeg

Enjoy,
Rich P

Kibbeh and Eggs

This breakfast was quite a nice change of pace. I had some of the kibbeh and a falafel patty from a dinner I made the other night. Both apparently freeze quite nicely. If only I had had some Iraqi samoon bread to go with...

First, Lebanese Falafel: ground chick peas, chopped onion, chopped parsley, chopped cilantro, sea salt, red pepper flakes, minced garlic, cumin seeds, baking powder, and flour. This is formed into small patties, and deep-fried so that the outside is crunchy and the inside is tender and moist. I took the leftover patty and heated it up in a bit of olive oil, restoring its outer crispiness.

Next, some tweaked cottage fries: cubed Russet potato, sea salt, fresh-ground black pepper, and black Indian mustard seeds. These were fried up in olive oil, in a corner of the same pan with the falafel patty.

Next, the Lebanese Kibbeh (flat style to make useful with other dishes, instead of little footballs): chopped onions, kalamata olive oil, fresh-ground lamb, ground allspice, sea salt, ground cinnamon, fresh-ground black pepper, toasted pine nuts, and bulgur wheat. This was broken up and fried in olive oil, in a corner of the same pan with the potatoes and falafel.

Finally, a few fresh eggs, from the girls out back, scrambled and fried in a separate pan, in olive oil. There is just something special that olive oil and scrambled eggs do together.

This was washed down with an ice-cold glass of iced coffee.

View attachment 1460265

View attachment 1460266

Enjoy,
Rich P
That looks great Rich. You have some of the widest and best variety of eats!. Also, I can imagine how those freshly laid eggs must taste. Last time I had freshly laid eggs was at least 45 years ago.

That looks great Rich. You have some of the widest and best variety of eats!. Also, I can imagine how those freshly laid eggs must taste. Last time I had freshly laid eggs was at least 45 years ago.
My theory has been that folks that really like audio and music also like food. Additionally, it just might be possible that the width of one's music tastes parallels ones culinary tastes. It sure does with me. Just about the only music I don't care much for are Louisiana-style jazz, contemporary German opera, and rap. There are examples of even those I actually like. Pretty much with food, I don't eat what the Holy Scriptures tell me is not for food. Other than that, I'll try, and likely enjoy, food from any culture or type. I also get bored easily (listener's and eater's fatigue). I MUST have variety in texture, flavor, and complexity, in my food as well as in my music. Presentation is also very important, because one eats with his eyes as well as his mouth. I guess my OCD is showing...

Enjoy,
Rich P

This Sunday: Fried Egg Sandwiches. I made an extra for my buddy, @Bill Ferris . Better show up soon, not sure if I can hold off eating it! ;)
ec4PsEjqYgvIRX9gidI0neVQiYGfl5TQXJ-636WW8aRt0DiF_4owgZzQBR5ZTH_ElMRJr-o_xfyDuQABiXiSQygH0VAm28enAiG1m2WM2WnkS9MbYFq6jQ8v39ltFdsA0KbTAnPV-W8=w2400

-Blitz

Choke on it, you rubbing it in my face, dog !! :)
What !! Only 2 ?? I would have gorged on at least 4 with 4 strips of properly fried, thick sliced bacon per, and of course, a large 12 oz. glass of lightly frozen whole milk to wash it down !! :thumbsup:

Edit : Oh, and only Extra Large eggs will suffice regardless of how their cooked or served, at least on my watch. Yes !!

Last edited:

You really mean to say, "you gave" Knuckle Head "MY PORTION OF THE FRIG`N BACON", after calling me out(rubbing my face in it !!)on A/K about it !! :no:
Next time you fry up some bacon in a fry pan,(thick sliced, or otherwise), please over elevate the cooking burner temperature, whilst doing so, and whilst standing stark necked :eek: in front of the stove, for maximum payback, don`t worry I`ll send you some Aloe Vera, which is growing in fairly abundance here in 30.00 ` latitudes !!
The high temperature painful splatter grease burn pock marks will eventually" fade from your body`s exposed frontal area" !!

Or, if they happen to linger, just tell any folks who happen to notice, that you had severe Small Pock`s, as a child !! :yikes:

That explanation might go over better then telling them how they really happened Blitz, and why you were doing so !! HA !! :crazy:

Back
Top Bottom