What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Well that's about as high a compliment as I've ever received.
You're very welcome.
It just goes to show that you don't have to have expensive gear to get good results. As you know, all my turntables and cartridges are barely above entry level if that. Clean vinyl, and a clean stylus make for good results.

Well I was quite shocked at the SQ, I’ve never listened to a rip from LP, and not in that Rez, the pressing of the album was really nice, but I noticed the quality when it went from track to track, that quick hiss had me sit up and bolt to my table, my gal was like what are you doing? Lol I instantly started to laugh and said “Dman it”, I said I thought my TT was on!! Nope, just that well ripped. I’ve been looking at a few 256gb cards for FLAC only, the file size gets big at that Rez, and that’s a good thing, I just don’t have enough storage to run it.. so my idea is to get a nice leather SD card wallet, and run a few TBs of 256gb cards (max the player will support). That’s will allow me to keep it all together.

Next will be ripping CDRs for the new Sony Player :) man that’s one I’m super happy to play with again.

Ok dinner time, be back in a while :)

Gary Moore before he got the blues. Actually there's a lot of blues on this disguised as heavy metal/hard rock.
There was a time during this period of Gary's career that Ozzy Osbourne was trying to recruit him for his band. Gary wasn't into it. He was ready to do his own thing.

Gary Moore - Victims Of The Future
1983 Ten Records DIX 2
013.jpg

Well I was quite shocked at the SQ, I’ve never listened to a rip from LP, and not in that Rez, the pressing of the album was really nice, but I noticed the quality when it went from track to track, that quick hiss had me sit up and bolt to my table, my gal was like what are you doing? Lol I instantly started to laugh and said “Dman it”, I said I thought my TT was on!! Nope, just that well ripped. I’ve been looking at a few 256gb cards for FLAC only, the file size gets big at that Rez, and that’s a good thing, I just don’t have enough storage to run it.. so my idea is to get a nice leather SD card wallet, and run a few TBs of 256gb cards (max the player will support). That’s will allow me to keep it all together.

Next will be ripping CDRs for the new Sony Player :) man that’s one I’m super happy to play with again.

Ok dinner time, be back in a while :)
That's too funny.
Running to check the tt to see if a record you didn't own was playing.
Yeah, I don't do any sound trickery when I rip. It's just straight from vinyl to digital file. I have learned how to remove offending pops and ticks on Audacity without running any filters, but the pops and ticks are few and far between on my original purchase vinyl... my aftermarket eBay/thrift store stuff not so much.

06F01A13-66C0-47D1-AAE2-8335E5A2F582.jpeg 5E511D05-D26E-4C46-A4EB-FD0D59FC402B.jpeg

Sarah Vaughan - the Columbia Years 1949-1953 (disc 1)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Vaughan

I’ve not played this since 2012 or 13. It’s good to have her back in my life, this player really has allowed me to have quick access to my old MP3s that I could not fit on the modded iPod, now I can hot swap 256gbs at a time. Yea , hands down best audio toy of the year for me.

If your not familiar with Sara Vaughan, please do check her out. Black coffee is a cool track, but I say google the song “just friends”, fantastic, fantastic!

C53E11E5-7629-45FA-A958-C0C4147F0F6B.jpeg

That's too funny.
Running to check the tt to see if a record you didn't own was playing.
Yeah, I don't do any sound trickery when I rip. It's just straight from vinyl to digital file. I have learned how to remove offending pops and ticks on Audacity without running any filters, but the pops and ticks are few and far between on my original purchase vinyl... my aftermarket eBay/thrift store stuff not so much.

It wasn’t funny when it happend, I had the player in my hand and had forgott it was playing from the device and for a split second I thoughtg tbale was on, and was bleeding through the line input... seriously had me worried for a second. My mind instantly went from TT, to Amp to “oh yea”.... than “Dman that’s impressive” lol I think you would like the player for streaming LPs, I’m dying for someone on the site to get one, I have 3 coworkers who are sold as gold and use them daily. I’m beyond sold on the device. Can’t help it, MP3 was hot in my 20s... man I’m still shocked dusty has 4tb of music, that’s just insane. I’ve got 3 - 512gb SSDs I keep in my back pack for daily use, and a few others with my FLAC and some MP4 movies a few hundred classical albums, the stuff that I don’t listen to much... that took me years of filing, saving, ripping, backing up... craps a life long procrss... people say LPs are hard to store... yea well try ripping 40-50 DvDrs to back up your music files... I’ve got extra CD drives in my closet now because I use to burn all my iTunes downloads to Cd than re rip them to be rid of the apple protection on them... so it was a process each time. Download, rip to CD, delete it back up the iTunes file, than redowload from Thr CD I just ripped, and than on to the iPod, CD would usually get tossed or given away lol I don’t mess with downloading iTunes anymore, I’ve spent more money on iTunes downloads than I’d like to admit... I’m glad I did tho, as you guys have your LPs, I have countless hours of not working at work ripping CDs lol but damn 4tb I’m not even half that, my mind hurts at the idea of having to re-name all the tracks for a player... I’m already starting the process of editing the 1st 256gb... it will take a year or so but that’s the way it is.. I’ll get it finished, Clone the SD to a new one and put it in deep storage... lost a few hundred gigs back in the early 2000s.. that won’t happen again lol

Back
Top Bottom