What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Red%2C_King_Crimson.jpg

I collect music in album format. I like the continuity of playing an entire album. A lot of the music on the big drive (6TB) I probably won't listen to since the genres aren't my style. But as I catalog them into genre folders I'm finding gems I never knew existed. The band 3rd Matinee is an example. I was pleased when I discovered most of Al Stewart's discography. I wish there was more Gerry Rafferty.

I do the same, any pix i post of an artist on the digital player i have the full alubm, and usualy their entire catolog... I dont post all the pix of the catolges any more, no one wants to see multile pix of the same player, so now ill do the artwork and song specs.

I wont even upload an album to the player unless its a full album, I cant do the single tracks, its wonky, and scews up all the formatting. I would not even buy iTunes downloads unless it was the full album. I build playlists for that. Most of my music is 90's rock, and quite a bit of Jazz and Blues, and classical, i got into jazz at a young age as my folks kinda allowed it, that and classical. Antying vocal and not approved by the church was just a "no-no". I got into early jazz, had a few CD's thats where i found my love for Dean, and i had to hide that... lol They could be singing about flowers and butterfly, if not approved by our church its was of the devil... Tou you should have see the look on the face of my professor when i was talking music theory. LOL HAHAH Mind you this was a private college, and rock music got brought up and i asked a simple question. They would preach/teach that its the message of the music that maks it bad or "wrong". So i asked is it ok to listen to Matalica if its instrmental? HAHAH! Needless to say i was told i need to not push my idology on the school and if they wanted to i would be removed... I also got writtn up for asking the question... in college LOL Anyway, my mom and dad now are starting to talk music with me. My mom has knowledge like a pro, it cracks me up to listen to her, it annoys the hell out of my dad LOL i know he is still more on the bible side of things... Her and my dad went to some thrift store in there area the other day and my mom was like YOU NEED TO COME HOME AND SEE THIS NEW THRIFT STORE!

She was right.. My dad said they have a room full of "old speakres and amps" he said its from the floor the roof...

57462945967__415D6DD8-899F-4E52-BDBD-2D2A5986E0D5.jpeg

57462951351__B941A18F-A205-4783-B36C-68D2F0A3493D.jpeg

57462955570__2C88CF8E-32CA-4778-AADC-175C4F83E6C6.jpeg

She says, I use to have that one ^^ :)

Not sure i want to give the location as i do want to make a trip up in the next few weekends with a pocket full of cash and an empty truck bed.. :) It looks pretty good actualy. :)

I do the same, any pix i post of an artist on the digital player i have the full alubm, and usualy their entire catolog... I dont post all the pix of the catolges any more, no one wants to see multile pix of the same player, so now ill do the artwork and song specs.

I wont even upload an album to the player unless its a full album, I cant do the single tracks, its wonky, and scews up all the formatting. I would not even buy iTunes downloads unless it was the full album. I build playlists for that. Most of my music is 90's rock, and quite a bit of Jazz and Blues, and classical, i got into jazz at a young age as my folks kinda allowed it, that and classical. Antying vocal and not approved by the church was just a "no-no". I got into early jazz, had a few CD's thats where i found my love for Dean, and i had to hide that... lol They could be singing about flowers and butterfly, if not approved by our church its was of the devil... Tou you should have see the look on the face of my professor when i was talking music theory. LOL HAHAH Mind you this was a private college, and rock music got brought up and i asked a simple question. They would preach/teach that its the message of the music that maks it bad or "wrong". So i asked is it ok to listen to Matalica if its instrmental? HAHAH! Needless to say i was told i need to not push my idology on the school and if they wanted to i would be removed... I also got writtn up for asking the question... in college LOL Anyway, my mom and dad now are starting to talk music with me. My mom has knowledge like a pro, it cracks me up to listen to her, it annoys the hell out of my dad LOL i know he is still more on the bible side of things... Her and my dad went to some thrift store in there area the other day and my mom was like YOU NEED TO COME HOME AND SEE THIS NEW THRIFT STORE!

She was right.. My dad said they have a room full of "old speakres and amps" he said its from the floor the roof...

View attachment 1456693

View attachment 1456694

View attachment 1456695

She says, I use to have that one ^^ :)

Not sure i want to give the location as i do want to make a trip up in the next few weekends with a pocket full of cash and an empty truck bed.. :) It looks pretty good actualy. :)

If they're not fakes (boots), I see a couple heavy-hitter Beatles' (Vee-Jay) items on the "wall display". Sorta typical of the old(er) school used vinyl shops: put the BIG $ items up @ the wall display.

Back
Top Bottom