What would you pay for this stack of gear?

Lazarus Long

Looks like a,

Pioneer pl-600
Pioneer reverb amps 303?
Pioneer sx-980
Pioneer ct-f950

Also a pair of cs-922a speakers

The kicker is that the seller has no power, so no testing can be done!

PioGear.jpg

Pioneer gear brings name-brand premium prices so it's likely overpriced at market value. Local market value untested is less than half of completed ebay sales. You should be able to get an idea checking there. As a lot should bring about another 20% discount if not more.
I wouldn't spend any more than $2-300, but many others would.

Pioneer gear brings name-brand premium prices so it's likely overpriced at market value. Local market value untested is less than half of completed ebay sales. You should be able to get an idea checking there. As a lot should bring about another 20% discount if not more.
I wouldn't spend any more than $2-300, but many others would.

Thanks. I always check ebay completed sales. The ask is $500. Which I would have considered, IF I could fully test, and IF the condition was true..Seller is claiming the TT and receiver are MINT, but we know what that means.. So, yeah, after finding out that testing wasn't a possibility, that $500 seems a bit high.

Mint - I’m sure.
The reverb amps are not something anyone is going to use.
The cassette deck certainly needs belts and maybe a clutch repair.
The TT - who knows.
But the SX-980 is probably worth the $400alone and if it’s btoken isn’t too hard to fix.
I’d think $400 for everything is about right stressing that he can’t test it.

Suspicious about "no power." In Michigan in March? That does not look to me like the inside of a storage unit.

Suspicious about "no power." In Michigan in March? That does not look to me like the inside of a storage unit.

It would be an odd way to run a scam for non working junk..

Hurry go trip the breaker hes here!

I think it could be that they need the money to pay the electric bill..

Bring an inverter. You won't be able to crank the amp, but you can at least test basic functionality.

It really depends on your abilities, someone with ability’s is going to buy that stack and turn it into a couple of thousand dollars. A consumer that can’t repair anything could take a big loss, but even if a person has to pay to restore everything ,then sell everything except the receiver, at today’s prices for restored equipment with a record of the work done and the receipts a person could sell every component for over five hundred each. Doing the same and thinking the same as one did prior to the renewed popularity of stereo equipment isn’t smart. You should realize that there are flippers listing equipment for sale on eBay sites all over Europe getting twice as much as here in the States. It’s like the old saying about the person who missed the boat....

Someone else bought the stack. He has some of it listed on Facebook already.. $250 for the cassette deck, $125 each for the reverb and processor, $650 for the speakers.. He claims mint on everything as well. I could see a couple dings to the face of the deck in his photos.

Gotta be effing nuts to pay that or got more money than sense which is a strong driving force during the fad years of collectibility of stuff. Pioneer is in that category right now.

Back
Top Bottom