Episode es 700 bookshelf monitors=simply put...very good

MR. M4YH3M

Just purchased a set of brand new unopened episode es-700 monitors, piano black finish, brushed aluminum front, magnetic covers, very good quality. 3/4 mdf, 2nd order crossover and biampable and can handle up to 325 watts each, their insanely good especially for their size. Highs and lows, it's all there and does it all well. I've had jbl L1 monitors, Polk monitor 7s, mission 762i, many and many more, it's safe to say this is the best bookshelf for it's size I've had to date, it bests the jbls and the polks and many more twice their size, but the missions had a tad bit more bass I believe being an 8 inch, but didn't seem as deep as these maybe, very impressed, just wanted to give you guys a heads up about them in case any of you are wondering, very good models, no complaints.

A pair of the Episode ES-700-MON monitor speakers just popped up on my FB Marketplace feed. I am debating if I need another pair of speakers. :) Of course I do, but do I want to spend the money? But they cost just a bit above my threshold to buy.

I've not heard any of the speakers you've listed for comparison. I know the Polk Monitor 7 has a very good reputation. What is your opinion on how they compare to Dynaco A25 or KLH Six? The Episode is much smaller and does not go as low with their FR of 52 Hz to 23 kHz, but still, . . .

Just purchased a set of brand new unopened episode es-700 monitors, piano black finish, brushed aluminum front, magnetic covers, very good quality. 3/4 mdf, 2nd order crossover and biampable and can handle up to 325 watts each, their insanely good especially for their size. Highs and lows, it's all there and does it all well. I've had jbl L1 monitors, Polk monitor 7s, mission 762i, many and many more, it's safe to say this is the best bookshelf for it's size I've had to date, it bests the jbls and the polks and many more twice their size, but the missions had a tad bit more bass I believe being an 8 inch, but didn't seem as deep as these maybe, very impressed, just wanted to give you guys a heads up about them in case any of you are wondering, very good models, no complaints.

Nice, and good info :) ^^

You should look into Quad and QLN if you have not already.

Had some Quad 77-11L the 1st run of the series, Had the 6 layer piano black finish and gold hardware, sound stage was quite nice, matched my amp well too. QLN Model 1s are pretty nice sounding as well, need a lot of power. Had my B&W DM12s out a week or so back. Another set to check out.

35394B39-721E-40AD-99A8-D16654F7D391.jpeg

Now JBL... the L1 are nice, but I say go L16 or 19 or 4301b..:

6CB58D5B-AF58-42AD-82D4-E49F7446A555.jpeg

Have the 16s up now, I’ve done some crossover upgrades as well.

I’m gonna check out the ES-700s you speak of. :)

A pair of the Episode ES-700-MON monitor speakers just popped up on my FB Marketplace feed. I am debating if I need another pair of speakers. :) Of course I do, but do I want to spend the money? But they cost just a bit above my threshold to buy.

I've not heard any of the speakers you've listed for comparison. I know the Polk Monitor 7 has a very good reputation. What is your opinion on how they compare to Dynaco A25 or KLH Six? The Episode is much smaller and does not go as low with their FR of 52 Hz to 23 kHz, but still, . . .
Model 6 and monitor 7 are very popular, however I liked the klh model 23 better than the 6 myself, it has more low end with a beefier woofer, it is a two way not a 3 way. The monitor 7 and klh 6 would be a close call, the episodes will take much more power than either of those though, I've tested them on a solid 250 watts to each and they still hang in there without trouble, they won't sound as "lush" or deep as the 6 or 7s but they play much louder, hope that helps.

Nice, and good info :) ^^

You should look into Quad and QLN if you have not already.

Had some Quad 77-11L the 1st run of the series, Had the 6 layer piano black finish and gold hardware, sound stage was quite nice, matched my amp well too. QLN Model 1s are pretty nice sounding as well, need a lot of power. Had my B&W DM12s out a week or so back. Another set to check out.

View attachment 1455335

Now JBL... the L1 are nice, but I say go L16 or 19 or 4301b..:

View attachment 1455343

Have the 16s up now, I’ve done some crossover upgrades as well.

I’m gonna check out the ES-700s you speak of. :)
I have had jbl L26 and 4311b, both are good, 4311 are incredible, very similar to the L100, but any of those you mentioned are going to be quite a bit more expensive I believe than the polks klh or episodes, their all winners though, depends on how much you want to spend.

I have had jbl L26 and 4311b, both are good, 4311 are incredible, very similar to the L100, but any of those you mentioned are going to be quite a bit more expensive I believe than the polks klh or episodes, their all winners though, depends on how much you want to spend.

True, but the used market for high end gear is actually not to bad.. I think I paid $110 for the Quad, and maybe 2 for the QLN, just timing and hunting.

Love the L26, I’ve got an early set of 26s. I like them more than the L100s... I’ve had a lot of JBL L150,100,166,110A,4401,25,16... and more
2819D8E0-2764-4CD2-9420-25ADB31EB13D.png

If you are into smallish 2 way speakers you should try to find some Pioneer S-X4g they are low buck, but built like no other pioneer... the casting on the baskets are just beautiful..

AC64838C-E3BB-4534-957E-186738943CA5.jpeg

B95AD73F-D43F-40FD-A99A-AB07A5378A8D.jpeg

5EDC3134-DFC9-4DD0-8018-C5B5FD743BCD.jpeg

36AC9C36-4E0D-459D-B67D-8EF6138D2DC4.jpeg

I have a small listening space and am quite limited to smaller speakers, so anytime I see info on a good bookshelf I’m instantly drawn to it :)

True, but the used market for high end gear is actually not to bad.. I think I paid $110 for the Quad, and maybe 2 for the QLN, just timing and hunting.

Love the L26, I’ve got an early set of 26s. I like them more than the L100s... I’ve had a lot of JBL L150,100,166,110A,4401,25,16... and more
View attachment 1457051

If you are into smallish 2 way speakers you should try to find some Pioneer S-X4g they are low buck, but built like no other pioneer... the casting on the baskets are just beautiful..

View attachment 1457054

View attachment 1457055

View attachment 1457056

View attachment 1457057

I have a small listening space and am quite limited to smaller speakers, so anytime I see info on a good bookshelf I’m instantly drawn to it :)
I've heard that a few times, some prefer the L26 over the L100, I can't say as I haven't heard the L100. I appreciate the info on the under the radar pioneer bookshelf, looks damn sharp and built well. I really love the ads L630 at the time, one of my favorites to date, id keep an eye out for those as well.

Back
Top Bottom