Who's listening to FM Tonight? What tuner?

Wglt in bloomington illinois has blues programing friday saturday and sunday i think. 89.1 on your fm dial. Probably also on the internet.

Stansje, I hear you. Over the years blues programming has dwindled to two hours a week here.

Are there any college or public radio stations in your area?
Yes there is and thank god for That ! Thats when i get to hear some Blues on the weekend for a few hours..

WNRN WDCE and WRIR, all low-wattage independent or college stations...
on the Onkyo T-4711. WAY overkill for reception needs, but a pleasure to
use and listen to. Probably the last serious attempt by Onkyo at a super
tuner, at least in the US. Wide/narrow IF band, slightly less sensitive and
selective than the T-9090II, slightly less expensive, but a whole lot more rare.

In addition to RDS display and search functions, it will show frequency, date
and time, station call letters (either via RDS or entered manually by the user),
station scroll, and signal strength readout (in addition to a signal strength bar)-
by pressing the Display button in succession. Full-featured remote (vs the
very limited one for the T-9090II)- direct input for station frequency, A/B antenna
switch, recording functions, as well as various memory functions.

My favorite, if not my best (I also have a T-9090II and the Sony HD unit).

date.jpg

calls.jpg

signal.jpg

RC-315T.jpg

Among the best tuner I have, is not as the same level as the T-85 for dixing, but really close, it has automatic if band, that really good for a analog tuner, only a few analog has that feature

Listening to Frank Consola playing an eclectic set of modern, bop post bop and traditional jazz including Roland Kirk, Gary Burton and Kenny Burrell on 88.9 Morning Jazz.

The tuner is my ugly duckling Magnum Dynalab FT-11.

Listening to 88.5 KBEM, a local jazz station run by Minneapolis public schools. A great station.

My Realistic STA-85 is pulling tuner duty through an Onkyo P-304/M-504 pre/power combo. This receiver has the best damn tuner out of anything I’ve ever tried, including a number of dedicated tuners.

A362AF37-5BB8-45BC-9536-6C9DEA8718BD.jpeg A65FD5B0-E066-4F1E-AECF-42913B9A8099.jpeg

WTYD is, like, impossible to get in Richmond when 92.1 has their HD on,
so I have to stream. That's a recent option, though. Couldn't get them at
all for the longest time.

Listening to Dean Jr College radio station "Power 88.3".... I'm about 10 miles away, my MD 102 is one of the few tuners that can get this station at this distance as it only has a 175 watt transmitter.

Back
Top Bottom