Any mustang people out there

004.jpg

I have one just like this . Fun car for sure . We bought it new in 2007 and just approaching 50,000 mile .

I rented a late model Mustang GT last year in California while visiting relatives. It was a blast to drive - even with an automatic transmission!

MustangGT_PeterW.jpg

I rented a late model Mustang GT last year in California while visiting relatives. It was a blast to drive - even with an automatic transmission!

View attachment 1459036
If the GT it had a 10 speed auto shifter with a 3.9 second 0-60 besting the stick by .4 seconds, standard transmission 4.3 seconds. The stick is still the one to have in my opinion, plenty quick enough and I'm sure a heck of a lot easier (cheaper) to work on if ever needed out of warranty.

Was Gene Hackman schlepping rentals that day lol?

Mine is a work in progress but it drives just fine and looks pretty decent from 20 feet or so.

index.php

I'm a fan mostly because of the parts supply. I can dip into the Mustang bins for other 80s FoMoCo vehicles. I rebuilt the wiper transmission on my Continental using a kit for 80s Mustangs. Cost me about 15 bucks and my wipers work perfectly now.

Attachments

• cherryspringsmoose.jpg
    cherryspringsmoose.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 0
  • eriemoose2.jpg
    eriemoose2.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 0
I have a 2009 GT 45th Anniversary model. It's a 5-speed with the 3.55 ratio in the rear, and has some super-rare options like the glass roof and metallic fuel filler door (factory option). It's the best car I've ever owned and can't imagine getting rid of it.

My last car was a 2009 GT300 5 speed, premium package black leather, really nice car that drew a lot of attention. All I can say is unless looking for a retro styled mustang the 2015 - is a better car in every way.

Can't edit my last post so CougarXR7, didnt mean to come off like an ass, only meaning you might want to take one of the new Stangs for a ride. I was like you and thought the 2009 would be my last one, really did like mine, but after driving the new one I couldn't go back.

Back
Top Bottom