Today's JAZZ playlist

Clark Terry.Second time thru this one,think I'll keep it...
MI0002070147.jpg

Ya talked me in to it.

9DBCF900-5A0A-4FB0-97C4-248C97F3A7BE.jpeg

....and nobody but us jazz geeks will know about it!
As it should be. Take this out to the other forums and the pissin' n moanin' about the receiver settings, tt setup, the iphone, etc in the pic will explode. :rflmao:

Are you saying things are a tad contentious out there?!!

Haven't been on too many of the audio-oriented threads lately. Only once in a while when I can actually make a useful comment based on the little I know about audio gear (the technical part).

But you posting a pic on AK is always a newsworthy event!!! ;)

Are you saying things are a tad contentious out there?!!

Haven't been on too many of the audio-oriented threads lately. Only once in a while when I can actually make a useful comment based on the little I know about audio gear (the technical part).

But you posting a pic on AK is always a newsworthy event!!! ;)
Lets just say that it can be.
It's not always about enjoying music, it's about 'discussing' how to enjoy listening to music better. Bleh.
I love the tech help, though. The ones who help without ego know who they are.

Lets just say that it can be.
It's not always about enjoying music, it's about 'discussing' how to enjoy listening to music better. Bleh.
I love the tech help, though. The ones who help without ego know who they are.

Oh, I see what you're driving at.

But there can definitely be some cool help from some of the guys, who as you say, don't give you the ego. I've gotten a lot of great info over the years.

One of the silly things that I've seen discussed, and something I've never really understood, is the talk - and I don't know if anybody here suscribes to this, so my apologies - about keeping the tone settings "neutral" or at 12:00. I say, the tone controls are there for a reason! Use 'em!! And if you're keeping them at 12:00, you are not keeping them neutral (IMO) but are setting them at a certain setting, which is going to produce a certain sound. So you might as well set them the way you like them, which is going to change from record to record, or even song to song.

Oh, I see what you're driving at.

But there can definitely be some cool help from some of the guys, who as you say, don't give you the ego. I've gotten a lot of great info over the years.

One of the silly things that I've seen discussed, and something I've never really understood, is the talk - and I don't know if anybody here suscribes to this, so my apologies - about keeping the tone settings "neutral" or at 12:00. I say, the tone controls are there for a reason! Use 'em!! And if you're keeping them at 12:00, you are not keeping them neutral (IMO) but are setting them at a certain setting, which is going to produce a certain sound. So you might as well set them the way you like them, which is going to change from record to record, or even song to song.
I hear ya.
I subscribe to the theory of keeping the tone controls where you need then. The settings in that pic are close to where that living room system is usually used. Either low volume listening on the couch, or as sorta background music during supper or whatever.
Tonight? I fired up some rock and metal, and clicked off the loudness button and tweaked the bass and treble to pretty much neutral.

I hear ya.
I subscribe to the theory of keeping the tone controls where you need then. The settings in that pic are close to where that living room system is usually used. Either low volume listening on the couch, or as sorta background music during supper or whatever.
Tonight? I fired up some rock and metal, and clicked off the loudness button and tweaked the bass and treble to pretty much neutral.

Yeah, you gotta go with where you feel they should be. There shouldn't be a mind set, that they should always be in a certain position.

And a nice Marantz and AR you have there! You should post pics more often! I think @Kingpin5 is gonna love that photo! And @BillyBatts got a really good deal on a 2270. I had one once, with a nice wooden case. It was such a nice piece. I wanted to go tubes and sold it to justify the expense of getting a Fisher 800B. I ended up getting rid of the Fisher later though. I also had a 2230 that I got rid of. CDs sounded really nice with that.

Back
Top Bottom