Hitachi HCA-8500 MK II

Debassige

been looking for a preamp for awhile, picked up a Hitachi HCA-8500 Mk II, which is great because it matches my HMA-8500 Mk II :banana:, won't say where i got it because this may get moved to dollars and sense, but i think i got a good deal.

I've heard that bi-amping (not sure if this is the correct terminology) is the way to go with the HMA's, is this done through the preamp? The amp puts out 100WPC, so will it put out 200WPC if i biamp?

Anybody have any experience with these (the preamp)

Has any one got the schematic to the hitachi hca 8500 mk II. I have a unit but there is a fault on the phono stage the unit is dead on 1 channel and the dead channel has a large dc offset.

Regards littlefatman

Just got one of these. Thought you might like some photos:

Hitachi HCA-8500 II-a.jpg

Hitachi HCA-8500 II interior.jpg

This thing's fulla FETs of all kinds, including the input of the phono stage.

The OP has probably long since found out about the HMA-8500 Mk II's built-in bridging ability, but for completeness, yes, the amp will do 200 watts in mono, 8 ohms.

Attachments

• $(KGrHqJ,!iIFD4Tz4EOuBRJperr0i!~~60_3.JPG
    $(KGrHqJ,!iIFD4Tz4EOuBRJperr0i!~~60_3.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I wish I still had my HMA-8500 MK II.

I tossed it out a bunch of years ago for some probably minor fault, if any. I remember thinking that it always ran too hot. At the time I wasn't super happy with it because it didn't seem to make the power that my SX-1250 did and it took up a lot of space. I was originally using the 1250 as a preamp for it and decided it was unnecessary, although I always liked the big meters. It wasn't until later that I heard it was actually a decent amp.

Back
Top Bottom