Citation 19 Amp for $150

Kneedeepinit

I am building a few systems for the house and cabin. One of the systems will be for loud rock music in the basement. Is this a good start?

Can you build a higher end system around this amp?

Any ideas for matching preamp and speakers?

edit - I don't have unlimited funds but I unfortuantely have an appreciation for quality audio.

Last edited:
what's high end?

I like em. I have one. I also have the matching 17 preamp. Well built stuff that does the job. They're dc coupled, take care. The matching 18 tuner is espensive....

I have a few setups on here and they always seem to have a matching preamp.

I assume that it would be aesthetically correct but a decent preamp would work with this amp??

I've used a 19 with a number of different preamps. All work fine with it.

Most HK amps from this era thru late 80s seem to match well with many pres. A short list would be Nad 1155, Hitachi HCA-8500 MKll, Denon PRA-series, Yamaha C-60/70, as well as most HK preamps.

$150 is a fair price for a good amplifier. I used 19's for thirty years and never had a break down.

Steve

I paid about the same for a 19 a couple years back. I have it paired with a NAD 1130 pre & New Large Advent speakers, it does a great job in my office/den. Fuse your speakers to be safe.

I paid about the same for a 19 a couple years back. I have it paired with a NAD 1130 pre & New Large Advent speakers, it does a great job in my office/den. Fuse your speakers to be safe.

I should have added, the DC offset was rather high on both 30 year old amplifiers.
They played fine, but I'm sure they needed some cap work.

How many millivolts of DC are you passing?

Steve

Back
Top Bottom