Pioneer CT-F1050 update

Pioneerocker

Sorry for taking so long to get back to everyone on the repairs to my CT-F1050. I tried to fix the original motor but it wouldn't work after I put it all back together. Decided to replace the motor from a CT-F950 like ALDENA007 suggested and the deck is up and running again. Didn't have to do any alterations except I had to drill the centre hole in the motor mount plate so I could move the pulley down enough to line the belt with the capstan flywheels. I did use the original pulley that was on the 950 motor and only had to adjust the speed on the motor. I didn't have any trouble putting the motor in and there was more than enough room for it. I have been playing this deck for the past week and a half without any problems. As I said in the original thread, I have 2 of these and I also got the other one partly working. I had a motor from a CT-F500 and it turns the fly wheels but it won't play, it will only FF/REW. It starts to play and then the take up reel stops turning but the supply reel keeps turning and then the deck shuts off. Anyway,I love this deck and it's the only Pioneer cassette I have that plays and record both ways and also has the remote. I would like to thank ALDENA007 for suggesting the 950 motor and everyone else for there input. Thanks Guys!!!

Great news! Thanks for the kudos. I have 4 1050's and I have three going again. When you can't get the transport going you can't really evaluate the cassette deck. I am really glad this worked for you. The nice thing is that the CT-F950 capstan motor is a rugged little motor. Your 1050 should run for a long time. The 1050 is really a unique deck. I haven't figured out all of it's features, but it's only a matter of time.

I just bought another one and it's suppose to be in mint condition but it doesn't play . The guy said it was put away for a few years and when he went to play it it wouldn't work. Since it's been stored for some time I hope the motor is good in it and all it needs is belts. I have the original owner's manual for mine so it helps to figure out all the functions this deck has. Some things you can do is FF to the next song and then it stops and plays and you can program each side (A-B) of the cassette to play only the songs you want to hear on each side. Haven't been able to get a service manual for it though, but I'm still looking

Folks,
I just purchased a Pioneer CT F1050 on Craigslist. The belts were shot, so ordered a kit from joe@wjoe.com . Great service, and great instructions on how to get the fly wheel belt installed. The deck now plays and sounds great. All of the transport functions work, auto reverse, etc. What does not work is Record. I do not have the owners manual, but I would expect that just pressing the Record button would start the function. Apsolutely nothing happens when I do. Anyone with any background here, I would appreciate some guidance.
Thanks

Folks,
I just purchased a Pioneer CT F1050 on Craigslist. I do not have the owners manual, but I would expect that just pressing the Record button would start the function. Apsolutely nothing happens when I do. Anyone with any background here, I would appreciate some guidance.
Thanks

I would assume that this deck. as with most, require you to press RECORD AND PLAY at the same time to engage the RECORD function.

Well, it goes to show you that you can forget how to ride a bicycle! Its probably been 30 years since I tried to record a cassette. Grey Owl, you are 100% correct. Pressing both Play and Record buttons put the deck into the record mode. Thank you for the advice.

Now that I know how to use the record function, I am finding that the unit does not record, or for that matter erase. There is a very weak recording made when in the record mode, distorted as well. Just a simple erase of the tape with input turned all the way down does not have any effect. Suggestions? Can not find a copy of the service manual anywhere. Does anyone have a copy?
Thanks
Jay

Back
Top Bottom