Project # 9999999

LPD

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Picked these up from a fellow on the Altec Host Board. Originally were Gott G50D amps and now just a chassis and iron, although quite beefy iron. My good ol tech and I are thinking KT88 outputs, 6EJ7 front end 12BH7 driver, tube rectifier, choked power supply, maybe a triode/ultra switch. I gott :D an extra set of power/opt with the amps and two more empty chassis. Thoughts?

gott.jpg

I like your thinking here, that tube lineup and those chassis sounds like a sweet setup.

HI,

Have you and your tech friend tested and verified the soundness of those
Humongous Blocks of Hermetically Sealed Iron.

No tests done yet but I have three sets so I'm sure we are good to go.

I like your thinking here, that tube lineup and those chassis sounds like a sweet setup.

I'm not the brains I'm just the supplier. I trust the fellow who builds for me as we have come up with some gooders.

That tube lineup you've chosen is tubes I have plenty of experience with and one I'd chose. :thmbsp:

That tube lineup you've chosen is tubes I have plenty of experience with and one I'd chose. :thmbsp:

Sounds like I'm onto something decent here. I'm think a tube rectifier choked any thoughts on tube rectifiers?

Actually, 6EJ7 --> 6CG/FQ7 in a LTP, likely with a CCS tail :)

I was thinking something like a "DynaMull".

As for tube rects, since you mentioned something about KT88, GZ34 is about the only one in that current class.... no room to parallel 5U4's.

5R4 can do it, but has a heckuva voltage drop.

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom