Hitachi in the House

buckstir

"ain't no devil, just God when he's drunk" tw
Just received my latest ...Hitachi HMA-8500 MkII amp and HCA-8500mkII pre from AK'er redcoates7....shipped well and units look and sound fantastic. The Hitachi combo replaced a Sansui AU-D9...also subtracted a tube buffer and outboard dac and rotated my RTR300D's in and my stacked HPM-100's out..the onboard dac in the Teac CD-P650 is very good and I like the simpler setup. The tt is a Sansui SR-737 with custom base from arcorob....am a very happy camper today.

Attachments

• Hitach 1.jpg
    Hitach 1.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 248
  • Hitachi 2.jpg
    Hitachi 2.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 180
  • hitachi system.jpg
    hitachi system.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 237
Yeah, those VU meters. Why don't they slap them on every piece of hifi gear? Looks superb.

Looks like a very relaxing room. The albums, magazine covers, etc. behind the system make it very interesting.

Thanks all...it is my mancave...an old detached single car garage I fixed up...13' x 24'...nice and comfy escape for the dog and I....rock wool acoustic panels are homemade...covered BBQ area just outside the door... decorations all mine...she was allowed no input as she has total "say" in the house...the system can shake the walls!!

Vaughn...that happens to be J.P. Patches and Gertrude...northwest icons...stood in line for hours back in 1966 to meet them at a local store...J.P.'s tv show on both morning and afternoons...unscripted and funny on multiple levels...tikey turkey, Boris S. Wart, Ketchikan the Animal Man, Miss Smith, Sturdley the Bookworm, ICU2TV, Grandfather clock.... and J.P.'s great repurposed shack in the city dump cobbled together with salvaged material. They have a statue in their honor in the Freemont district in Seattle...J.P. recently passed....rest in peace.....I am a 55 year old Patches Pal and thank him for the memories.

Last edited:
I have a pair of Hitachi speakers with 12" woofers and passive radiators. They have a cone tweeter but still sound nice. I think I would rather have that amp though. Those meters suuurrrreee are purtty!

Back
Top Bottom