New Tube Table Radios

chicks

Lunatic Member
Stumbled on these Tesslor tube radios. Classy!

http://www.tesslor-usa.com/

R601SW-11-1024x623.jpg

601-and-601s-3-1024x685.jpg

Great find, these are wonderful looking and they appear to have excellent specs as well. Notice the switchable antenna inputs for both am and fm? I have rebuilt several old Zenith table radios, so i could enjoy the tube sound where I need a table radio and these are another nice option for someone who doesn't like to tinker so much. I wonder if they receive as well as the classic era tuners can?

Beautiful! I wish there was a nudi pic on the site though.

Thanks for posting the link!

Hiya,

6P1 output tube which is sorta like a 6AQ5 .. interesting but the real question is are they actually selling ??

Frannie

Hello!

Thanks for sharing. Very interesting. I use an AM transmitter to broadcast Pandora from my desktop at work into the AM antenna on my Bendix 526A. It essentially makes my vintage AM radio my computer speaker. Essential if you want to listen to actual music on AM these days!

well... to their credit, the radios aren't embarrassingly expensive.

They're not "tube radios", though - they're modern solid state radios with vacuum tube amplification.

Very cool, seems like I remember hearing something about an AA5 coming out with compactrons. Apparently there are 10s of thousands of certain number compactrons which would make the radios viable. It was a good article I read, and it answered a question that I always had. How come there are so many NOS tubes still around? The article said it was because the technology changed so quickly that tube production stayed in full swing way past what it should have. Thank God for small miracles I guess.:yes:

The article said it was because the technology changed so quickly that tube production stayed in full swing way past what it should have. Thank God for small miracles I guess.:yes:

A thought struck my thick skull the other day:

We lived longer in the world of tubes than we did in the world of discreet transistors, which began to be overtaken by ICs much sooner after their introduction.

It (the use of springs or other gizmos to help keep tubes socketed) was common in 1960s Japanese hardware -- and in any implementations where the tubes were sideways or upside-down (e.g., some gee-tar amps).

I had the Stereo and Mono Walnuts of them when Quest for Sound was involved. Nice to see it still around. Still have my mono one, stereo one went to a friend. I thought the mono one sounded better. I wonder if there has been any changes to these models :scratch2:...they look identical although I see the mono one isn't available in walnut now.

Ours sits in the dining room. My wife loves the look of it. I bought a really cheap subwoofer for it and hid it under the table the radio sits on. We've had it for 8 yrs now and not a single problem.

attachment.php

Last edited:
I dig the modern vintage beautiful retro builds however............
I would like to construct a few modern 21st century design tube builds..

From what i can tell by looking they really are hybrid radio a tube audio stage and solid state front end .

I only have $800 in this real tube radio

Back
Top Bottom