My Lumiod adventure

DannyboyNYC

Danny Boy NYC
I've been considering getting a new pair of mid/hi end headphones and happened across a service that will let you rent 3 headphones for two weeks to try out. This sounds like an easy and cheap way to sample some pretty expensive headphones at home, with your own equipment, and at your leisure.

The service costs $30 plus $25 shipping with the $30 applied to the purchase of a new pair.

For my test I chose two popular models and one that I'd not considered:
1. Audeze LCD3
2. Sennheiser HD 800
3. Sony MDR Z7

Since I live in New York I was able (I think) to forego the shipping fee and opted to pick the items up at their offices on 28th Street.

The choices are fairly limited and the user experience is not quite up to scratch yet (I was told that a Sonos would be shipped in the canned response after checkout). Then I received an email stating...

"We want to be clear that this is not a confirmed order. Not yet, at least. Once your order is confirmed, we will send you an email notification - it might take us a day or two. And once your order has shipped, we will also send you the tracking number, so you can track the package."

For those interested I will update this post with my experiences with the company and products as things progress.

If you want to have a quick looksee just Google the name in this post's title.

Received a response as follows:

"Thank you for your order. Due to the high value of items in your order, a deposit of $1,500 is required before shipping your box. This deposit is a hold on your credit card and is completely refunded upon completion of your rental."

I knew this was too simple!

My response:
I might be comfortable doing this if I were able to pick up and drop off the items at a business location.

More to come...

I read on the site most of what they offer is used at full new retail, and once you purchase they are out of the loop you are then directed to the manufacturer. Can you confirm if they are offering new cans or used, demo, refurbished.......are they authorized sellers

Back
Top Bottom