Anybody noticing Windows popups asking if you want to leave an AK page???

Northwinds

Huh? Turn what down?
Subscriber
It does not happen everytime but enough that it's become very annoying

Say I want to switch to another forum section, a small box pops up and asks if you want to leave the page or stay on the page. This ONLY happens on AK, nowhere else I visit on the internet

I haven't seen this, using a PC XP+Chrome OR another PC, Win7+Chrome. Nothing special running on either, unless you count Norton Security on the XP Box, and industrial strength firewall protecting the WIN7 box, and both are running Ghostery (block all).

Yep Frannie, that's it. I guess I should have delved into the postings further to see if this issue was brought up. I will read through the thread, thanks for linking me

only happens to me when i us IE browser. started using chrome for AK and it doesnt happen thats the quick fix

I just downloaded that adware posted above, says it has to restart to remove stuff and as soon as I went to AK, the pop up was there. Going to uninstall it since it does not solve the problem

Ron,

Are you using Internet Explorer when this happens ??

Frannie

Regarding the Adwcleaner...I don't think you'll find it installed on your computer. You have to down load it each time.

If you're using Chrome, I could check my settings. I had an IT guy tweak mine after I was duped by the phony Microsoft scammers. The 'leave the page' or 'stay on the page' window was a precursor to Chrome locking up altogether. If they claim to be Microsoft, don't respond.

Happening to me too....a MAJOR PITA! Plus, I don't understand why the user has to go through a bunch of gyrations to get around this.....since it only happens on this website!

WTF?!

Back
Top Bottom