Denon DR-320 rubber turned to goo - worth repairing?

Mitkraft

I know little to nothing specific to tape player maintenance and repair. I've read a bit here and am still digging to find the pertinent information but I'm looking for opinions on whether this is worth repairing and how I might go about finding replacement parts. It powers on, the meters light up, and the motor spins. But all the ruber belts on the wheels (whats the right term?) are soft and turned to goo. Im also not sure if the shaft comming from the motor was supposed to have a rubber wheel on it but I suspect so.

One picture is the front of the unit and the other is looking down on the motor.

image.jpg image.jpg

That deck is a looker. I found a thread on tape heads that mentions the belts needed. It also mentions an idler tire that seems hard for get. IDK, see of you can tell of it's only the belts and make sure you can disassemble it, clean it, and reassemble it before ordering them. If you can do that and the belts don't cost too much then give it a try.

Here's the link: http://www.tapeheads.net/showthread.php?t=20310

You are awesome! Thank you so much for that link. That ansers a few questions. I was afraid there was a rubber roller missing from the motor shaft but it appears there isnt supposed to be one. It does look like I need to replace all of the "tires" as that thread is calling them. I bought an assortment on amazon for cheap as part of another order. We'll see if any of them fit when it gets here.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom