Let's hear from the new people

If You Are Less Than 2 Years on AK, How Old Are You?

• Total voters
61, lots left to do & not even imagining retirement. I survived my Dead Head years intact & I have no desire to do it all again. Was fun for a while tho.......

51 here .. First real stereo system was purchaced in Germany (77-82) at the audio photo club and the PX as a dependent ...

Didn't partake in the poll, but it has prompted me to put on "Purple Rain". I'll be 44 in a few months.

Hi - Like Jonathan Swift, “I'm as old as my tongue and a little older than my teeth.”
I'm a not-even-a-one-day member, but I like what I see.
A little trivia: First concert - James Brown when I was 11. Next concert - Black Sabbath when I was 15. Fairly diverse for such a young age

what's funny is I figured I might be over 2 years or right around there..... i looked up when I joined..... June 30th, 2014... 2 years to the day! (today, when I saw this thread)

- so what do I win ???? Happy Thursday People ! ec : )

I've seen Les Paul, Johnny Cash, Jerry Lee Lewis, Chuck Berry.....Albert King, Albert Collins, Buddy Guy....Stones, Who, Floyd....Dio, Sabbath, Deep Purple....Tool, Primus, Slayer, Johnny Mathis....
Those last 2 on the same night! Jk;)

Less than two years on here but I am 61. I have always loved good sound but really never got into this hobby until a couple of years ago. Now my girlfriend thinks I'm crazy with all the stuff I have and its always changing. It's all low budget stuff really but I make it work, it makes me happy and I get lucky with good finds that come from thrift stores, garage sales, CL and Ebay. I have learned a few things from the good people on this forum and I've become much more selective about what I do buy because of this forum.

15 over here, while most people my age are too worried about video games and finding girl/boyfriends i'm just like "can i fit another amp or receiver in my room?"

Last edited:
Hi - Like Jonathan Swift, “I'm as old as my tongue and a little older than my teeth.”
I'm a not-even-a-one-day member, but I like what I see.
A little trivia: First concert - James Brown when I was 11. Next concert - Black Sabbath when I was 15. Fairly diverse for such a young age

Diverse and darned good taste in music @ an early age.

Fifty-something and feeling it. Had to actually look at my join date--couple months shy of two years, but on here pretty much daily these days--lots to learn, a little more free time, and lots to share from over a half-century of life experience.

Just retired last October and joined AK in late January I believe. Check in just about everyday, but don't post all that much. I do enjoy all of the different personalities of the users here. One thing I don't plan on doing is to become a couch potato, this is far more enjoyable, and I learn something everyday!

62 here

Queen in '74, first real hi fi in '77? Panasonic quad receiver. Hand me down from a friend, wish I still had it! Also the Sansui 717 a couple years later. 57 yrs young!!

Back
Top Bottom