World of McIntosh - now on Amazon

having never opened one, i cannot comment....but for my money, i'd much rather have one that was personally transported home by me, than have the packing job tested by the mouth-breathers at UPS. even if arrives and appears to work - how much of the longevity of the product is lost every time it's shoved off a truck.
I agree, I'm just saying that I have experience with the factory boxes and they're made for McIntosh. I've never read of piece of equipment shipped in one arriving at it's destination with broken glass.

it's true - i'm a computer consultant, and every so often i poke a client in the eye - just to show them who's boss.

seriously though - its the corporate mentality that's responsible. gone are the mom and pop businesses, all driven off by starbucks or walmart, mc dicks, etc. everyone gets paid minimum wage so there's no pride or care in their work....they know they can get another job for 8 bucks an hour from a different ass who doesn't care about his customers or his employees. the corporation has all kinds of experts figuring out how to cut corners, make a little extra - the sole motivation is profit....they squeeze you just as much as they can without breaking any laws (and they lobby those laws)....no one gives a damn about making the best burger, tshirt or whatever, it's all about profit.

of course, there are some exceptions...i'm speaking generally....but guard your eyes folks

I agree, I'm just saying that I have experience with the factory boxes and they're made for McIntosh. I've never read of piece of equipment shipped in one arriving at it's destination with broken glass.

i once had a tv delivered that was strapped to a palette - that made it, but i didn't have a choice...if i could have gone to get it, i would have...it was also shipped fedex freight - the guy showed up with a big rig, and my friend and i had to unload it. fun times.

but for my money, i'd much rather have one that was personally transported home by me, than have the packing job tested by the mouth-breathers at UPS. even if arrives and appears to work - how much of the longevity of the product is lost every time it's shoved off a truck.

Ok how do you think it got to the dealer?

And now the longevity of equipment is compromised when it's shipped, specifically McIntosh?

Good thing I buy American, shit if I had something shipped from Japan, China or Germany, hell half it's life would be over...:rolleyes:

seriously though - its the corporate mentality that's responsible. gone are the mom and pop businesses, all driven off by starbucks or walmart, mc dicks, etc. everyone gets paid minimum wage so there's no pride or care in their work....they know they can get another job for 8 bucks an hour from a different ass who doesn't care about his customers or his employees. the corporation has all kinds of experts figuring out how to cut corners, make a little extra - the sole motivation is profit....they squeeze you just as much as they can without breaking any laws (and they lobby those laws)....no one gives a damn about making the best burger, tshirt or whatever, it's all about profit.

Wow...:idea:

Looking at the world with a narrow negative view much?:rolleyes:

Ok how do you think it got to the dealer?

And now the longevity of equipment is compromised when it's shipped, specifically McIntosh?

Good thing I buy American, shit if I had something shipped from Japan, China or Germany, hell half it's life would be over...:rolleyes:
i don't know about specifics - but i guess Mac dealers don't order whole skids of amplifiers at once like a best buy would for their products. It would be interesting to ask your dealer - maybe Mac has their own delivery guys - maybe they have some kind of freight deal. maybe they're delivered by horseback? I don't really know.

what i do know is that A - they weight a lot and B - amazon smashed 2 tvs in the course of delivering them from their warehouse to my dad's condo via ups, less than 1hr's drive....i also once received a delivery from them in which the amazon employee who packed my order took a yamaha receiver, that had a forklift-sized puncture wound in the box, placed it inside of a pristine amazon box, and shipped that to me without thinking that i might not want that particular unit.

I wouldn't order anything from amazon that was delicate, valuable, or both.

Wow...:idea:

Looking at the world with a narrow negative view much?:rolleyes:

i'm jaded because i spoke to someone last night and now he won't respond to my PM.

also today a fast-food worker decided that her floor-mopping duties were more important than my enjoyment of my lunch, and she mopped my foot.

... but delivery people just don't care (and i don't blame them, it's a crap job)...

I certainly do blame them. They're getting paid to do a job. Do it right. If they're not happy with it, find something else. Don't take it out on someone else's property.

I certainly do blame them. They're getting paid to do a job. Do it right. If they're not happy with it, find something else. Don't take it out on someone else's property.

yeah - i guess there are a lot of cases where people rely on delivery. certainly i've had my share of stuff drop shipped to clients' offices. that saves a ton of hassle. i find canada post is pretty good, but commercial carriers do not like delivering to residential....for whatever reason.

if i were a delivery guy, i'd like to think that i'd take the care to make sure people's things weren't damaged in my care....realistically, that simple fact probably qualifies me for a much better paying job....i don't think these guys really want that job, it's just something they have to do.

Since so few hi end dealers actually stock what they sell, paying MSRP is unthinkable. You're lucky just to find a demo to evaluate.

Either get back on track or find another forum. Only warning. Maybe start a UPS\USPS\Fed-Ex bashing thread in General Off Topic. This isn't the place for that.

BeatingDeadHorse.gif

*If ever a subject has been beaten to death, the $1,800 McIntosh clock must rank near the top. :(

Back
Top Bottom