The worst cartoon in history: Assy McGee

transmaster

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
While we are thinking about the worst of the worst here is the worst cartoon that has ever been. Assy McGee. Worst then Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo, a very strange Japanese Anime where the main character fights with his nose hairs; really. Assy McGee absolutely made no sense, and was repelling otherwise. Talk about about a cartoon where the main character was talking out of his ass. All you need to understand this scatological turkey is the poster,

10755.jpg

It was a silly joke that was stretched far too thin, and wasn't that funny to begin with.

Frisky Dingo?? Now THERE was a great cartoon.

Assy was pretty bad. I actuallly found Bobobo to be kind of funny.

The thing about Bobobo it was strange, and one of those anime's that bring home the fact the Japanese have a different entertainment sense then people in the US but not repellent like Assy.

Still think they're trying to get even for Hiroshima & Nagasaki..That, AND having to use Raymond Burr as the token Amellican... Hey, Godzilla ! if you just stomp on THAT Toyopet Crown, you'll be doing ALL of us a big, fat favor.. Yeah, that green one..

img-allshows-bordertown.jpg

Didn't even last a season. Not exceptionally tasteless, just plain bad ...

Given a choice between that and Assy? Hmmmmmm ... let me get back to you on that ...

It's as if Assy McGee would have been a decent bit on Rick and Morty's Interdimensional Cable episodes. But as its own stand alone thing? Shit.

Sheesh. Makes these two characters look sophisticated:

110204-beavis-butthead.png

As a social commentary of mid 90's culture, Beavis & Butthead could have been viewed in a very positive light.

You can watch it for the silliness, or interpret what 2 unfettered children become thru a steady diet of pop culture, nachos, and drugs.

As a social commentary of mid 90's culture, Beavis & Butthead could have been viewed in a very positive light.

You can watch it for the silliness, or interpret what 2 unfettered children become thru a steady diet of pop culture, nachos, and drugs.
Exactly.

I always enjoyed Beavis and Butthead. My favorite thing that was done with the characters was after the boys ate some Peyote Cactus during the Movie "Beavis and Butthead Do America". They animated Rob Zombie's Ratfinks, Suicide Tanks and Cannibal Girls in the Bob "Big Daddy" Roth's "Rat Fink" cartoon style. It is the only part of this movie that is worth watching.

Last edited:
The thing about "B & B" was that, like any good cartoon, it worked on several levels. I was likely 2-3X older than their assumptive audience, but I still got a big kick from it.

Back
Top Bottom