What's Cooking for the 4th?

RT Fan

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Hosting the wife's family this weekend, an annual tradition. tonight only 2 guests so we will be doing a quick lobster boil with some Little Neck Clams & grilled fresh Keilbasa, served with some Cali Chardonnay for the whole butter/lemon thing.

Tomorrow night will be Korean style BBQ chicken, marinated in soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, scallions chili oil & sesame seeds, etc. I will pouch that in the marinade in a sheet pan and then finish it on the grill. 9 for dinner so a little more work. Salad with toasted walnuts & blue cheese with cherry tomatoes. Probably some sort of rice, to be determined. Thinking about serving either a Zinfandel or Aussie Shiraz.

Sunday a traditional burgers & brats fest with tomato & Mozzerella salad with fresh basil & EVOO, fresh cracked pepper, sea salt & some grated nutmeg. Some Vrac Rose should pair up well.

Well stocked with beverages, Paulaner Hefe-Weisse, Blue Moon, Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy, Coor's Light. All the fixin's for Dark & Stormys, Moscow Mules, Transfusions, Margaritas, Sea Breezes etc. They just used to eat me out of house & home, now that they are all older they DRINK me out of house & home as well!

Monday, "don't you people have homes to go to ?"

What's on your agenda?

The backyard meat fest begins on Saturday for me and the family.

Saturday will be Hatch, NM green chile burgers w/ all the fixings, bacon wrapped tater tots, and fresh grilled white corn.

Sunday will be grilled brauts, grilled asparagus, and home made mac & cheese

Monday is smoke day: a brisket flat smoked with post oak, grilled green beans w/ onions, fresh potato salad, and home made hush puppies.

Firing up the Camp Chef (propane heated) Griddle (not Grill) this 4th of July weekend.

SG30_breakfast_cc-500x500.jpg

Friday ... New York Strip steaks
Sunday ... Breakfast ... Bacon, Cheese, Cubano Pepper & Salsa Quesadilla
Dinner ... Garlic Pepper Chicken Wings & Burgers ... using the second burner to deep fry (hand cut fries & onion rings) on my cast iron wok.

Last edited:
Right now I got some baked beans cooking for a BBQ in an hour or so at a friends, then for tomorrow I got some NICE fat thick pork steaks to toss on the fire with some corn on the cob... Then I've got chicken wings for another day, and burgers with fresh veggies another.. .OH, and LOTS of fresh bottled home made hard cider!

Good to see you post again after all the trouble West Virginia has had.

Enjoy your 4th.

Well I got 8 NY strip steaks. Along with burgers and hot dogs. Made some kick arse noodle salad from recipe on chef Johns show. I'm making the BBQ beans right now from scratch. I just love cooking. Bought some Lost Lake beer. Having some friends and family coming over. Happy Independence Day to all of you.
:beerchug:

I am smoking a 7 plus pound Boston Butt. I put it in the grill/smoker at 7 am this morning and have using pecan or oak to make the smoke. Keeping the temp at 300 or so. Should be ready around 5. Smells and looks fantastic. Photos later!

Hey,
Brisket, sometime this weekend. It's thawed out . I just need to get it rubbed down and put on . Probably tonight or tomorrow night. I use an electric smoker (cook shack) so night time smoking is pretty painless.
Have a happy and safe 4th. Eric

Good to see you post again after all the trouble West Virginia has had.

Enjoy your 4th.

Thanks. We really didn't have much problem here where I am. We did get flooded in for a day, but no damage in this area to speak of. Did have a friend that left his tractor in the field by the creek and it ended up completely under water... I didn't have to tell him how stupid it is to do that.. LOL..

Getting ready to head to the neighbor's for the third BBQ of the weekend. Sounds like we're having chicken at his place... My wife is making Cheesy Taters.. .shredded hashbrowns with lots of cheese and sour cream and onions. OH.. she also just took a Gooey Butter Cake out of the oven a few ago.. Man does it smell great!

Back
Top Bottom