Nobody will believe this

rDDeff

I was installing a water heater in a modular (mobile) home in Sun Valley nv. a city of mobile homes about a mile from reno. The locals call it scum valley and so do most residents.I go into the house to fill out invoice and notice what seems to be a decent set of speakers in the living rm. I glance over and see KLIPSCH I look at the lady and say ooohhh nice speakers and she said you like them then take em. I say nah I cant just take those and her reply was we were going to donate them and we just use them for decoration. I loaded up my new KLIPSCH KG5.2 mint speakers. I am looking at them but no listen yet. AK reviews are good and I hope to experience what you all do. I am running my realistic sta 2500 because I prefer it over my sx750 with ads L810 and sansui sp 3000 speakers and realistic 10 band eq . A very inexpensive set up 160.00 and thats counting both receivers . It has a punch like mike tyson use to. My question is do you think the ads and KLIPSCH will get along

Just don't tell the other speakers those Klipsch came from scum valley.

As long as you put each speaker in a different part of the room....

You'll have to have to experiment with placement. But if your the type that piles speakers on top of each other and places them close to your stereo setup, it won't much matter !!

I hope you waived the installation fee for the water heater. As a contractor, I've reduced fees in exchange for antiques, audio gear and guns.

I believe it! I had a customer give me an HH Scott 299 just because I knew what it was. It had been sitting, unused, for over 25 years on a shelf in his shop. I had been cutting out due to dirty pots and switches, so he got a Sony receiver and just left the Scott in place. I commented on how cool the old tube gear sounded and he said I could have it. The Mullard 5AR4 was still in it, as were three out of the four original output tubes and a whole slew of Tele 12AX7's.
Enjoy the KG5.2's. If you ever sell them, use some of the proceeds for flowers or something for the lady. It will continue your good karma.

As for your question, my Klipsch and A/D/S speakers do not play well. They require different feeding(amp power) and they voice so differently, it muddies up my imaging. Maybe I'm not doing something right and you will have better luck!

They will not get along at all. Just like voices in a church choir, things that don't blend and harmonize well...don't blend and harmonize well.

Back
Top Bottom