Luxman M12 project

Nikko newbie

Took on a more challenging project this time. Luxman M12 with a dead right channel. Did a little research after testing the outputs and seeing they are fine. Discovered these DML1 modules are a known issue. Ordered some aftermarket replacements and BOOM it works and sounds great! Some have said it is an ugly amp, but I know she has a sweet personality. Besides pretty is as pretty does, and this thing sounds great.

I have a pair of B12s, beauty is in the eye of the beer holder. Where did you get your modules?

Craig

Why does a power amp need to look good? Those M-12/B-12 siblings look great for what they do. Four nice bulbs illuminating pairs of output transistors in their individual metal rings in their own pocket of the heat sink system, what's not to like. I don't need no stinking flashy lights, swinging meters to enjoy the music and those amps sure will allow one to enjoy the music. 80 a side in the stereo M-12 and 150 in the mono B-12.

I have one of those suck face receivers with a semi-dead tuner. I fixed the suck face but I'm not a tuner guy so there it sits.

Craig

I had heard that DML project was in the works a few years ago. Nice to see the fruit!

The original DML1 was potted in epoxy, ooooh vewwy vewwy top secret. The replacements are open for all to see. The individual amp boards pop right out. These are easy to work on.

Attachments

• 20160630_202855.jpg
    20160630_202855.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 26
  • 20160630_204927.jpg
    20160630_204927.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 26
C-12, basically all the 12 gear was in the Laboratory Standard Series

T-12 a great tuner
K-12 a fantastic cassette deck
G-12 the EQ

It is NOT a C12. adequate but the C12 is a good bit better based on my readings, my experience is with the 5C50 back then along with the CL-32, CL-35 III and today the C-1000. I guess I have something like the C-120a in my L-580 but that is in need of repair, I rode it hard for years and it shows.

Back
Top Bottom