NAD Owners, Let's see your systems!

I was just going to edit the above post to add the following but can't do it.

Well, it's not a brand new in box unit, but I have no complaints about the condition. What a sweet sounding amp. I got the Nad bug again because I have an old Harman integrated and took it out of storage to compare to this old Denon AVR 3801 I've got. The 20 wpc Harman was clearly imaging better than the Denon, which was near the top of their line for the model year. AVRs may be good for movies, at least the pre-room correction ones can't excel with music.

Diana Krall's All For You has some really nice piano, and the NAD presents the stage so well it's gold for the price level. I'm running a Pioneer PDR-839 as source with really old Monster cables to the NAD. Non descript 12 gauge speaker wire to a pair of Tannoy DC4. I can't demo anything that sounds bad so far. If you're thinking about it, Spearit Sound has Nad demos and open box units on clearance. No affiliation!

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
NAD 3020 - $69 at the local thrift store, used as Preamp and LINN tweeter power amp (bi-amped)
LINN Sara 9 speakers - on permanent loan from a Yorkshire friend now living on Vancouver Island, bi-amped
Optimus 5B speakers - $10 on the local used site, stacked
Nikko Alpha II amp - $260 on Canuckaudiomart, used as power amp for both pairs of speakers, but only on woofer of bi-amped LINNs
Technics SL-220 - traded for six bottles of homemade wine, Grado Green (8MZ stylus on its way!)
Denon DCD 670 CD player - $10 from the local used site (trying to find a NAD for a good price)
Setup is not pretty right now (partner and I have amalgamated households), but it sure sounds sweet!

Last edited:
My first gear was NAD. A 7020 receiver. It was stolen so I got a 7125 and a 5240 which I still have today though it tends to skip a bit. I really loved the 7020.

With those memories when I got back into audio I kept my eyes open for something NAD. Late last year I found a fantastic 3080 integrated. I also have purchased a couple newer NAD CD players here on BT including the C 542 and now the C 546BEE.
0402160812_resized.jpg

i have 2 3020's in the pile one mostly recapped
a couple cd-5355
these are daily drivers, the 2200pe is connected to kef 104/2 and kubeGEDC1220.JPG

Got my 3240 today. What a sound! Velvety smooth, with a presence to the bass that makes me keep checking to make sure I didn't hit the loudness button by accident. It's in practically mint condition too, from what I've told it spent most of its life in the box since 1989 or so. Going along with some Celestion DL8s.

And now I have a serious dilemma because it's the only amp I've had yet that sound-wise beats my Yamaha CA-810. Looks-wise, well, that's another story but I do dig the no-nonsense vibe of the NAD.

NAD gear I have: NAD 7240PE RECEIVER NAD C316BEE INT AMP NAD IPOD DOCK NAD C542 CDP NAD C402 TUNER NAD 4020 TUNER .

Last edited:
Not a system, just the one piece. T758 receiver, bought as factory refurbished late 2015. Been flawless.
IMG_4268-r_zpskehadqhr.jpg

The only other Lenbrook group of companies product I currently own is the Bluesound Vault (original 1TB version), though my intro to NAD was in 1986 when I bought an NAD 6340 cassette deck. It's long gone but I do have the manual if anyone needs it.

I bought my NAD 7155 new in 1985, and picked up a nice used 7125 shortly thereafter. I just bought a new C516BEE CD and used 6240 cassette deck. In the 31 years I've had the 7155 I have had it re-capped twice and had to replace the tuner 20 years ago.

I just received the Sept 2016 issue of Stereophile & NAD has an AD hinting at a new amo on the horizon with a very dark picture ,it looks like it might be a replacement for the D3020 ..anybody know more??? i spelled amp wrong sorry.

My NAD dealer (at least the one I prefer) told me that NAD is soon to announce a whole new lineup of products. Sit tight. Given the history, we should know for sure in 2021.

How long has it been since NAD has been British? Not that they ever made any thing in England, they were an early outsourcer.

Back
Top Bottom