HiFiMan HE-350/Massdrop

uofmtiger

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Did anyone else get in on this $99 deal from Massdrop for the HiFiMan HE-350 headphones. I am pretty happy with my current headphones, but I just could not pass this one by.

This is the only thing I have ordered from Massdrop, but I understand that it can take months to ship. Anyone ever order anything from them and want to share their experience?

The ship date is Aug 3. That's quite a while from now. A $99 price makes them a bargain. I'm sorely tempted even though I don't really like headphones.

The ship date is Aug 3. That's quite a while from now. A $99 price makes them a bargain. I'm sorely tempted even though I don't really like headphones.
Yeah, it almost sounds too good to be true! Thanks for the ship date info.

I've been missing planar/esl sound with headphones ever since I gave my Stax SR-34's to a buddy 20 years ago. I couldn't resist that price. $99 for any HiFi Man phones is super low. So I signed up and ordered the HE-350's. For those who may be interested the offer ends 6/8.

Thank you for the heads up, Tiger.

These are dynamic drivers though, right?

I'm sure still a good deal, but they're not planars from what I understand.

Got an email saying "the drop is complete". I am looking forward to getting these things! I haven't bought a pair of headphones since I got my Shure SRH940s, so hope these live up to the hype!:)

Sorry to hijack this... But never heard of massdrop until just now? Good experiences? I would have been all over this HE 350 deal had I known... Is it legit?

Sorry to hijack this... But never heard of massdrop until just now? Good experiences? I would have been all over this HE 350 deal had I known... Is it legit?
No personal experience but it appears to be. If they're doing proprietary designs with AKG and Hifiman then I'm comfortable

I've purchased several items from Massdrop. Everything from socks, in ear headphones to the Sprout.

If you don't mind waiting, the prices can be good and all the things I've recieved are legit. If you forget you ordered something, Christmas!

Last edited:
massdrop is definitely legit - got my mech. keyboard from them. they have real cool stuff - but they're not speedy

massdrop is definitely legit - got my mech. keyboard from them. they have real cool stuff - but they're not speedy
Nice to get some first hand experience from another Karma member. I have seen them mentioned on Head Fi and YouTube, but you don't really know how legit info is from those places.

I saw some of the mechanical keyboards available, I am pretty sure this won't be my only Massdrop purchase. The wait sucks, but then again, it is worth it for the savings.

I went in for this also. They use the same technology for the build and headband as their far more expensive units and as you guys say it's a dynamic driver this time. The only dynamics they ever did before was the HE300 a few years ago and the Edition S which quietly came out a few months back. The head-fi review makes them sound bright, I hope that is not the final release as Hifiman have been moving away from that type of sound for a while now.

I went in for this also. They use the same technology for the build and headband as their far more expensive units and as you guys say it's a dynamic driver this time. The only dynamics they ever did before was the HE300 a few years ago and the Edition S which quietly came out a few months back. The head-fi review makes them sound bright, I hope that is not the final release as Hifiman have been moving away from that type of sound for a while now.
Mine will mainly be paired with a Little Dot tube amp which typically does a good job of taming bright headphones.

Mine will mainly be paired with a Little Dot tube amp which typically does a good job of taming bright headphones.

I think I will run this through a nuPrimce DAC-10 and ALO Audio's Studio 6 tube amp, feel as if it has to be tubes much like everyone else here.

I think I will run this through a nuPrimce DAC-10 and ALO Audio's Studio 6 tube amp, feel as if it has to be tubes much like everyone else here.
I will try it with each of my headphone amps, but I have a feeling the tubes will make them sound just right.

Darn it! I was just checking email for the account I rarely use that is tied to Massdrop and noticed that I got an update almost two weeks ago that the headphones have been delayed. They won't ship until Sept 30th (estimated)! Luckily, I have other headphones and just bought these because of the price, but that is long time to wait if these will be your one set of decent headphones. :(

Back
Top Bottom