Hello from Galesburg Illinois!

timbrown

Ok, so I maybe should have stopped by here first...I've been helped by a few of you already with a couple of Pioneer Receivers and help with new surrounds on some speakers!

Anyway, I was a serious stereo geek back in the early 70's. A Pioneer/Teac guy. Later got some Altec 891a speakers and recently found a pair of 891vs.

You could say I'm semi-retired, and looking for things to do to make a little extra money...I'm more or less entrepreneurial at heart and am finding sitting around isn't an option.

Currently interested in learning to repair these things for resale. I've learned how to replace fuse bulbs in the SXx2x series and have done some speaker surrounds. So, I'm learning!

Howdy from Kansas City, lived in Kirksville,MO for many years in the 70's and 80's. Watched Quincy TV stations a lot. IIRC Galesburg was a community near the Quincy/Hannibal area.

Welcome to the forum :music:

Didn't you send a receiver up to "Stereo Rehab"? What was the outcome?

Yep! It's done. Just waiting for Casper to ship it back. All I have right now is the invoice listing everything he did...which gives me an idea of many of the things I need to learn to do myself!

Going to be a learning curve!

Will keep you posted in my 828 thread.

Howdy from Kansas City, lived in Kirksville,MO for many years in the 70's and 80's. Watched Quincy TV stations a lot. IIRC Galesburg was a community near the Quincy/Hannibal area.

Welcome to the forum :music:

KC Missouri? I have friends in that area...on the Kansas side...but I was born in Springfield!

Welcome to AK.

I love your city. Galesburg, IL, birthplace of a variety of noteworthy folk, including the great prairie poet, Carl Sandburg.

Yep! It's done. Just waiting for Casper to ship it back. All I have right now is the invoice listing everything he did...which gives me an idea of many of the things I need to learn to do myself!

Going to be a learning curve!

Will keep you posted in my 828 thread.
Casper is the best tech in Chicago, so you should be in good shape. Stereo Rehab is the only place in town I take my gear now.... Welcome aboard!

Back
Top Bottom