Thinking of MC152 and C47

Hi kingstoneage,

I am in a similar position - I have an MA6600 + D100 and have been bitten by the upgrade bug. I am leaning towards the C47 + MC152 combo as well. It sounds like you are happy with the upgrade. Do you have any regrets at this point?

-Matt
I don't regret my purchase!
I'm very happy with these two components!
In the meantime i bought a pair of Klipsch RF-7 MK2 speakers! A "Killer-Combo"!

I think the DAC in the C47 tops the one in the D100 and the Phono section is way better than the one in the still very good MA6600!

If you have the chance get the C47/MC152 combo, you won't regret it!

Sony protects the SACD digital data stream so it will not pass over normal coax and optical connections. This SACD signal which is DSD64 or 64 X 44.1 but in a bitstream can be passed from a transport to a DAC if there is a secure connection. The new C52 and C47 as well as the Wadia DI322 all have this connection. The MCT450 comes with the custom cable to make this connection. It is 5 feet long and will pass any disc CD or SACD digital signal between the MCT450 and the C47 so the high speed DAC in the C47 will decode the signal to analog. The DAC in the C47 will decode up to DSD 256 and any PCM rate.
Since MCT450 does not have any internal digital decoding you save some cost as well as having the purest playback.

Thanks again,
Ron-C
Hi Ron,
I still got some problems with my new C47. It has V.1.00 firmware on it. My iMac shows in the settings the preamp as "C52" not C47 - that is strange. Further on my C47 only plays DSD64 and DSD128 files - no DSD256! What kind of issue is that? If i need a firmware update i hope i can install this on my own. Otherwise i have to ship the C47 through whole Germany.....

Hi Ron,
I still got some problems with my new C47. It has V.1.00 firmware on it. My iMac shows in the settings the preamp as "C52" not C47 - that is strange. Further on my C47 only plays DSD64 and DSD128 files - no DSD256! What kind of issue is that? If i need a firmware update i hope i can install this on my own. Otherwise i have to ship the C47 through whole Germany.....
was this problem solved?

DSD256 requires a computer and music program that support this. What computer are you using?
No! In the meantime i sold my combo and purchased a MA9000 integrated. Same issue here no DSD256…………:no:

DSD256 require a computer and music program that support it. What are you using?

Back
Top Bottom