Vox ac15c1.. Anyone play or own this amp?

They are a very good amp and have the Vox sound, of course. Just a note - some owners have brought theirs to me to engineer out the ghost notes, These appear anywhere between the ninth and twelfth frets on the B and E strings. It can be disturbing in recordings for some and used intentionally by many in others.

Glad to see some love for the Vox. I haven't been able to upgrade anything on it yet such as the tubes, reverb, speaker or mdf to birch, but may in the future. For now it's great to me!

Last edited:
I also had an AC15H1TV. I found it a little less AC15 than the ideal tone I hear in my head, but OH how I loved that EF86 channel! I ended up selling it with the idea of buying a more boutique version with just the EF86 channel though I really liked the H1TV. They don't get quite the love as the HW series amps do, but if I could have a Normal (non-Top Boost) and the EF86 channel in one amp, I'd definitely still have it.

Good luck with your amp. Glad you like it. Voxes are great and definitely have their own character.

You may like the HW version, the AC15HTVH. I have the "head only" version. Channel 1 is the EF86 with bass shift and pentode/triode switch, hi and lo inputs, volume and tone. Channel 2 is not really a top-boost like channel. Volume, bass, treble, triode/pentode switch. Both channels use the "Top Cut" control. No tremolo, no reverb. Just killer EL84 tone...

These aren't to common, and they are still pretty expensive, but I've had Swart, Dr Z, Marshall, etc. and I have kept this VOX.

FWIW I'm a died-in-the wool 6V6 Fender fan. I have a Silver-Face Champ, a Tweed 5E3, My "main rig" is a custom Blackface Deluxe Reverb, the A channel is voiced as a "Brown Face" and it uses the reverb circuit. Channel B is the Normal Reverb channel. The gent that built this was from the Detroit area and passed away a few years ago, so it's staying, too.

I've played through the HW amps, both the AC15 and the AC30, and I have no doubt I'd be happy with one, probably the 15.

I, too, am a Fender guy. I'd like to get one of the boutique amps with Brown and Tweed channels in one amp.

We have two great amp modders in town that do great work and I've thought about working with one of them but I mostly stick with a Blackface and pedals.

Last edited:
I've played through the HW amps, both the AC15 and the AC30, and I have no doubt I'd be happy with one, probably the 15.

I, too, am a Fender guy. I'd like to get one of the boutique amps with Brown and Tweed channels in one amp.

We have two great amp modders in town that do great work and I've thought about working with one of them but I mostly stick with a Blackface and pedals.

Just my opinion, but if I could only have one factory amp, it would be a Blackface Deluxe Reverb or Princeton Reverb. I've had both and I foolishly sold both. Ended up with the amp I now have I missed the Deluxe Reverb that much.

You can't go wrong with any of them, but I've yet to hear a reverb that matches Fender DR or their outboard reverb unit (sorry Swart...). I only use one effect, a dirt pedal of some type, unless the amp doesn't have reverb. Then I add a reverb pedal.

Back
Top Bottom