Yes it did replace them in 2 channel rig.
I'm sure the Ascend fan base wouldn't like that....they are a speaker without peer to them, they are the most argumentitive group on the web, something tells me the Andrew Jones followers are on their way to that type of status.....

I'm sure the Ascend fan base wouldn't like that....they are a speaker without peer to them, they are the most argumentitive group on the web, something tells me the Andrew Jones followers are on their way to that type of status.....

Exactly! I've seen so many of them on A_S all the time and some guys think that anything Jim or Dennis touches turns to gold as well :)

Agreed I'm the 1st guy that talked about Salksound back in 07 on avs and I was there for the ascend/av123 wars.... It was a warzone over there avs is a horrible forum unless you like trading insults.... Lol

The cabinet design is intriguing, its essentially the same application as the building method for finishing and soundproofing a room

Double drywall and a layer of "green glue" between the 2 layers. Green glue is a mild adhesive that never actually dries so it absorbs a large amount of energy that passes through the drywall, stopping resonation in its tracks.

The q acoustics website even has a green glue like substance between their "cabinet inside a cabinet"

I wish I had seen or thought of this before, my subwoofer box I built is literally dual 3/4 MDF and I could have implemented this design, I guess when I finally build loudspeakers this application is on the table.

The cabinet design is intriguing, its essentially the same application as the building method for finishing and soundproofing a room

Double drywall and a layer of "green glue" between the 2 layers. Green glue is a mild adhesive that never actually dries so it absorbs a large amount of energy that passes through the drywall, stopping resonation in its tracks.

The q acoustics website even has a green glue like substance between their "cabinet inside a cabinet"

I wish I had seen or thought of this before, my subwoofer box I built is literally dual 3/4 MDF and I could have implemented this design, I guess when I finally build loudspeakers this application is on the table.
It makes quite a difference to I guess you really hear what the cabinet isn't contributing....

Same cabinet design is also use by Boston Acoustics M Series Lo-Q Cabinet. May be both companies are supply by same OE manufacturer because they came out around same time in 2012, it's a good design.
Boston M series is big bargain right now, top of the line M350 towers can be had for less than $700 for a pair with free shipping.

Lo-Q Construction to Limit Vibrations
The M350 has a cabinet made of Lo-Q, a material consisting of two pieces of medium-density fiberboard joined together with a thick layer of damping adhesive in the middle.

Boston Acoustics M series Presented by Ken Ishiwata.

Last edited:
Same cabinet design is also use by Boston Acoustics M Series Lo-Q Cabinet. May be both companies are supply by same OE manufacturer because they came out around same time in 2012, it's a good design.
Boston M series is big bargain right now, top of the line M350 towers can be had for less than $700 for a pair with free shipping.

Lo-Q Construction to Limit Vibrations
The M350 has a cabinet made of Lo-Q, a material consisting of two pieces of medium-density fiberboard joined together with a thick layer of damping adhesive in the middle.

Boston Acoustics M series Presented by Ken Ishiwata.
Except the adhesive is different....its not in motion like the Gelcore..... The designer is the well known in audiocircles Karl Heinz-Fisk from Germany....he designed many many speakers like the Castle Richmond and Mordaunt Short MS20....

I actually had the Boston Acoustics m25, I liked it a bunch it was somewhat polite, but I also didn't really think my Marantz Pm6004 made them get up and go. They are going for $249 a pair on amazon now.... At that price their build quality is unrivaled it regularly costed $799 a pair I can't think of anything but the 3020 that can challenge them in performance at that price....

Back
Top Bottom